Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

I’m feeling a bit miffed with the accommodation process for ds2. He was sent his second choice accommodation offer for his insurance uni with a week to confirm this place.
His email accommodation offer has a payment and date schedule attached which is for the previous year and is more expensive than Sheffield Hallams website is quoting .
It’s through unite students so I checked their website which is a different price again ! So three different prices!
All the same room and same tenancy length!
Phone calls to make tomorrow I think. to find out the correct cost and correct payment schedule 🙄

Edited at 10:25 PM.
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

DD still hasn’t had an accommodation offer yet! Whilst she got her first choice uni and applied back in April / May because her offer was conditional they don’t start offering accommodation until after results day. They have said she will get an email any time between now and mid September (which is when they are supposed to move in)! I’m not very impressed! So whilst we’ve bought a few bits, we are holding off getting much more until we know about her accommodation.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

Question

Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
DD still hasn’t had an accommodation offer yet! Whilst she got her first choice uni and applied back in April / May because her offer was conditional they don’t start offering accommodation until after results day. They have said she will get an email any time between now and mid September (which is when they are supposed to move in)! I’m not very impressed! So whilst we’ve bought a few bits, we are holding off getting much more until we know about her accommodation.
Very frustrating! It’s a hard enough process for our young people,I can’t imagine not knowing till the last minute x
How can you make plans or buy things like bedding as the bed sizes vary in different accommodations
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

DS has his room allocated and knows which flat number and room number. We went on a campus tour yesterday and although we weren't allowed in the accommodation, we were able to locate where it is so he could get his bearings. 👍

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Dd got her insurance choice, applied for accommodation on the 10th (results day) had an email back to confirm she’ll hear soon but not heard a thing. She’s going to ring tomorrow.

I’ve got to say all the guys who’ve had room numbers confirmed for weeks is making me a little nervous. 😬

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

My DD is about to start her 3rd year. She also went to her first choice uni but didn’t hear what accommodation she was allocated until around 10 days before freshers week. She actually got her first choice accommodation so it all turned out fine, but it was worrying as other unis allocated earlier
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
My DD is about to start her 3rd year. She also went to her first choice uni but didn’t hear what accommodation she was allocated until around 10 days before freshers week. She actually got her first choice accommodation so it all turned out fine, but it was worrying as other unis allocated earlier
That’s reassuring thank you. 🙂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Dd got her insurance choice, applied for accommodation on the 10th (results day) had an email back to confirm she’ll hear soon but not heard a thing. She’s going to ring tomorrow.

I’ve got to say all the guys who’ve had room numbers confirmed for weeks is making me a little nervous. 😬

Kat
Just an update. We’ve got accommodation!

It’s £5,200 so we are contributing £800 towards that on top of her student loan.

I’m happy with that. She’s going to now get in touch with her flat mates on Facebook there’s 5 of them in flat share. But the accommodation she’s at has nearly a thousand students! So hopefully make a friend or two? 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Old 17 Aug 21, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Dibbing with Tink

DDs accommodation offer has now come through. She’s got her first choice which we are pleased about in terms of location etc. Cost not so great but we knew what we were signing up for. She is fortunate that her friend has been allocated the same building but different flats. So they have the opportunity to make new friends whilst having the comfort of a familiar friendly face close by if they need support. Now we can start buying more bits…..once DD is out of COVID prison that is lol (seems a level celebrations have caused an upturn in COVID cases near us but that’s a whole other thread).
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Is anyone’s child going to the university of Liverpool? My daughter has had her room choice confirmation but they can’t tell them which room or even block she is in. This means she can’t even get in touch with other people she will be sharing with. She is very shy and introverted so forming friendships beforehand would be beneficial. It seems most universities let students know. I emailed on Saturday because I couldn’t get through on the phone, as I also wanted to ensure she will have a fridge, they have replied :

Regarding your daughter Amelia, I will ensure Crown place are aware that a small fridge needs to be placed into her room prior to her arrival for insulin and other medication. Unfortunately I can't confirm the exact room number at this moment in time because rooms are not being allocated until arrival but confirm the fridge will be present.

I am disappointed that she can’t find out which block and which room she will be in, it just seems crazy to me.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List