Old 15 Aug 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Cancellations

After a browse on the Universal website it turns out you can cancel the hotels online so I’ve gone ahead and done that. I did try modifying first on the remote chance we’d get to keep the rate . Worth a try but sadly no!

All that’s left now is the Disney tickets we booked through Attraction a tickets but they have free Covid cancellation cover so hopefully that’ll not be an issue.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

Defo following this thread!

We are in a similar situation to you originally booked Aug 19 (family tragedy) then May 20 then Sept 21 and now May 22!

I wasn't going to get a car because of parking charges staying onsite but i hadn't realised Costco offered car hire so checked it out and cheap for me also for our holiday in a VW Jetta £700. Do you know if all insurances etc are included buying through them?

x
Old 18 Aug 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by merkat View Post
Defo following this thread!

We are in a similar situation to you originally booked Aug 19 (family tragedy) then May 20 then Sept 21 and now May 22!

I wasn't going to get a car because of parking charges staying onsite but i hadn't realised Costco offered car hire so checked it out and cheap for me also for our holiday in a VW Jetta £700. Do you know if all insurances etc are included buying through them?

x
Yes from what I can see they include everything. We are still in two minds about a car, especially give the hotel parking costs. Mum isn’t bothered, Dad would prefer one. I prefer it but don’t want to spend a fortune. With no DME though I feel like we need it for the airport runs.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Cancellations update

That’s the refunds come through for the car hire, Dolphin (both through VH) and the Hard Rock Hotel. Just waiting to cancel the Disney tickets so I’ll see what AT say this weekend.

So far so good and relatively painless!

Trip Report Index
Old 26 Aug 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Apologies for missing so much of the thread, I've been in a bit of a funk thanks to TUI leaving me in limbo for so long. They have just removed our flights from sale so hopefully just a matter of time until they are finally cancelled.

Pleased to say we'll be joining you in May! We've moved our November trip and after all my bleating about Disney pricing us out we're at Pop. Massively excited, we've never flown VA to Orlando, never been to Flower & Garden and Pop is my favourite resort. I genuinely thought our Disney days were behind us due to the prices and I could honestly cry at the thought we may be back there.

I justified the cost of staying onsite by saying 'we'll not great a car', but we know how that one ends *goes to price up car hire*
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Apologies for missing so much of the thread, I've been in a bit of a funk thanks to TUI leaving me in limbo for so long. They have just removed our flights from sale so hopefully just a matter of time until they are finally cancelled.

Pleased to say we'll be joining you in May! We've moved our November trip and after all my bleating about Disney pricing us out we're at Pop. Massively excited, we've never flown VA to Orlando, never been to Flower & Garden and Pop is my favourite resort. I genuinely thought our Disney days were behind us due to the prices and I could honestly cry at the thought we may be back there.

I justified the cost of staying onsite by saying 'we'll not great a car', but we know how that one ends *goes to price up car hire*
I know it sounds ridiculous (but it’s a sign of the times) but I hope you get properly cancelled soon! The not knowing is so stressful .

So excited you’ve moved to May though! We considered Pop but the lack of two proper beds put me off. Oddly Mum was fine with the “in your face” since “it’s Disney”. I hope she’s as pleased with the Royal room .

Trip Report Index
Old 27 Aug 21, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I know it sounds ridiculous (but it’s a sign of the times) but I hope you get properly cancelled soon! The not knowing is so stressful .

So excited you’ve moved to May though! We considered Pop but the lack of two proper beds put me off. Oddly Mum was fine with the “in your face” since “it’s Disney”. I hope she’s as pleased with the Royal room .
I am SO jealous of your Royal Room. I badly wanted PO but I was already stretching the budget to stay onsite, justifying it with things like 'we'll get some dining credit', 'we won't need a car', but when I found myself debating spending an extra £1k on a room to get an extra $325 dining credit I came to my senses and opted for Pop.

For what it's worth we used the pull down bed in All Star Movies and it is genuinely no different to the normal beds.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I am SO jealous of your Royal Room. I badly wanted PO but I was already stretching the budget to stay onsite, justifying it with things like 'we'll get some dining credit', 'we won't need a car', but when I found myself debating spending an extra £1k on a room to get an extra $325 dining credit I came to my senses and opted for Pop.

For what it's worth we used the pull down bed in All Star Movies and it is genuinely no different to the normal beds.
I think it’s just the faff. We considered a suite at AoA but I said I couldn’t be bothered putting the beds up and down .

We’re justifying the extra cost using the pandemic and us not having been for a million years .

Trip Report Index
Old 30 Aug 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Both a cancellation and next year update today.

Called AT and they’re now offering refunds up to 30th September so they asked me to cut up the tickets and send a photo so they can refund. Fingers crossed that does take too long.

For next year, my daily checking of the Disney website has resulted in a switch to a standard at CSR. Much as I love the look of the Royal rooms at POR it’s £1000 of a difference for each room at no great benefit. I’ll still keep checking daily for a garden view at POFQ as I’m prepared to pay a bit extra but £1000 is just too much for another moderate.

Trip Report Index
Old 3 Sep 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Well that didn’t last long . Checking the Disney site today and they have Garden rooms at POFQ now for our dates (included in the offer) so I immediately called and snapped them up! I’m so excited to finally be staying at POFQ! Let’s just hope we get to go!

Trip Report Index