Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Sep 21, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney1sttimers View Post
Bit late to the party but Leaving Cert results only came out today here in Ireland and my DD did brilliantly. Has secured her place in London to study midwifery but actually exceeded her predicted points that much that she might even be offered midwifery here on Tuesday when CAO offers come out.
Congratulations to your DD x
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

My brother was the one man in a halls flat of women. He loved it, he was "mothered" and looked after... in return for spider, light bulb and "blockage" duty.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
My brother was the one man in a halls flat of women. He loved it, he was "mothered" and looked after... in return for spider, light bulb and "blockage" duty.
I think my daughter may require spider duty at some point, unless she puts a brave face on and manages to remove it herself
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
The lad who is going to be in my daughters flat is very friendly on the chat so he must be fine about being the only boy.
There could possibly be more students in that flat. There are 6 of them so far and the flats hold 5-8 depending (5 person flat has the smallest kitchen, 8 has the largest)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Dd20 at Swansea, going into second year broke up with her partner -and flat mate- so we are having some fun right now amidst the emotional turmoil of a 3 year relationship break up... she is having to find a house share, divide possessions and just generally get through stuff... remotely from here in Gloucestershire.

She has hopefully got a room in a house share that someone has dropped out of as they are leaving their course... Fingers crossed the landlord agency accepts her as her references have just gone through. 2 weeks... TWO ... aaaarggghhhh... a little stressy, as Dd19 is off for her first year in Bath halls of residence in 3 weeks time too.

Life was supposed to get easier as they get older!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

DS is in a flat of 7, 3 boys and 4 girls which he thinks is a good mix. They have been chatting on WhatsApp and putting together a flat playlist.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

DS is in a flat of 4, 2 boys & 2 girls. They've been chatting for a while as could reserve their rooms prior to results.

They’ve got brunch planned for the day after they move in & their fresher events booked, he’s so excited.

One of the girls is on his course & they’ve bonded really well, chatting most days.

Just mum who’s not ready for the last baby bird to fly the nest, thankfully we have a Disney staycation cruise & a holiday booked so I’ll most likely crash when we fly home in October & it hits me 😭😭

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
DS is in a flat of 4, 2 boys & 2 girls. They've been chatting for a while as could reserve their rooms prior to results.

They’ve got brunch planned for the day after they move in & their fresher events booked, he’s so excited.

One of the girls is on his course & they’ve bonded really well, chatting most days.

Just mum who’s not ready for the last baby bird to fly the nest, thankfully we have a Disney staycation cruise & a holiday booked so I’ll most likely crash when we fly home in October & it hits me 😭😭
I feel you. We were bad enough when DD went to Uni but at least we had DS at home. After he goes, it’s just us and we’re really going to miss him.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

So annoyed. Dd rang our doctors this morning to organise a blood test she needs and happened to mention she couldn’t do a day next week as she’s moving into student accommodation. The receptionist jumped on this opportunity to say she needs to move doctors to Newcastle where she’s going to be studying. She said she didn’t want to as it’s only an hour away from home but the receptionist seemed to say tough you have too.

I’m kicking myself now as I should’ve talked to her about this as moving doctors will create issues in the future as she’ll probably be more here than there and it can be difficult to swap back. 😡

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

You’ve prompted me to remind DD not to change it was such a faff when older DD needed to change back DS didn’t move when he went to UNI