Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Oct 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

We're a hardy lot up here, raining, blowing a gale and a surprising ring on the doorbell. By the time I'd opened the app on my phone they'd gone.
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
We’re in a little cul-de-saq off the road so don’t get many usually, but this year we have had quite a few. Not many sweets left. It’s just started raining though so probably won’t have too many more now. The ones we have seen have all been very polite (left a bowl out but some still knock on the door ).

This is the 1st year both are daughters aren’t here so bit strange really. Used to love going out trick & treating with them when they were younger. Was always such a lovely atmosphere- like others have said you just visit the houses that are decorated.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
We’re in a little cul-de-saq off the road so don’t get many usually, but this year we have had quite a few. Not many sweets left. It’s just started raining though so probably won’t have too many more now. The ones we have seen have all been very polite (left a bowl out but some still knock on the door ).

This is the 1st year both are daughters aren’t here so bit strange really. Used to love going out trick & treating with them when they were younger. Was always such a lovely atmosphere- like others have said you just visit the houses that are decorated.
Everyone has been super polite, even the few older children. Its been lovely!
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

I’ve brought in my decs and closed the treats down - gone 7pm, we have been giving out since 5pm and given out more than 200. Time to cook dinner and watch Dr Who
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

We had so many come round we ran out of sweets and had to dig out packets of invidually wrapped tunnocks caramel wafers. They actually went down better than the sweets did with kids and parents...
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I didn't buy anything in for this evening. Had a few knocks on the door which I ignored. Then got a knock on the window. It was one of the mums saying I'd left the house keys in the door
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
We had so many come round we ran out of sweets and had to dig out packets of invidually wrapped tunnocks caramel wafers. They actually went down better than the sweets did with kids and parents...
Lol! We've got through 3 boxes of quality Street abs equivalent! Lull now though!

We are On a route and two years ago we weren't prepared at all and had to give out digestives! That wasn't so popular 😂
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I made up about 60 bags of sweets and left them in a box outside. They had all gone by 6!
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmie2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
I made up about 60 bags of sweets and left them in a box outside. They had all gone by 6!
Wow! We must have had around 60 children. Still getting a few!
Old 31 Oct 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
We're a hardy lot up here, raining, blowing a gale and a surprising ring on the doorbell. By the time I'd opened the app on my phone they'd gone.
The weather is awful here as well! Didn’t think that we would have that many people out due to the weather but we’re almost out of sweets!
Some of the adults this year had bottles of beer or glasses of wine whilst the are taking the kids trick or treating, genius idea ! 😂

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List