Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 3 Nov 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There is a walk through area with parakeets. You can usually pay for a little cup of food for them (maybe not now with covid). But it is still nice to see them flying around.
You still can absolute rip off £2 for about 1ml fruit juice.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Well when I say good - it’s better than I expected and I enjoyed the Salmon I had
If you run out of anything while you are there - go out of the hotel car park and turn left - there is aTesco express about a 10 minute drive away ( we went to get Strepsils lol )
Lovely, Ill keep the Tesco in mind, Never know when you might need something with a baby!

Originally Posted by Laura_<3 View Post
We went in the summer with our 4 year old for the first time. It may not be as busy as it was in the summer but I would recommend heading to The Gruffalo first as it gets awfully busy as the day goes on.

We really loved the park, there was loads for our daughter to go on.

We also stayed at the Safari hotel and really enjoyed our stay enjoy!
Lovely thankyou, Ill make sure we head straight to the Gruffalo

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Must dos…. Gruffalo, Room on the Broom, all of the animal attractions, Flying Jumbos, Tiny Truckers, Jungle Bus.
Safari restaurant is very good, probably the best place to eat, however we didn’t mind the Pizza place in the park (all you can eat - basically Pizza Hut).
We haven’t been for 2 years but the few times we’ve been have had a great time.
Perfect thankyou!

IM looking forward to it now, hope we have a good time & the weather stays dry for us.

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
I’m not a big fan of the park but my 7yo son is. It’s not a good park for queueing! The gruffaalo is a good ride, def get on that early and late before queues build, your 4yo may want to do it several times. Room on the broom is a walk through, I would advise once you do the pre show just hold back and let everyone else go first, then do it at your own pace at the back. It avoids kids pushing and shoving around you and is a nicer experience. They have a stage with a few shows, and your 4yo may like the scorpion express
Lovely, thankyou for the tips. Edith Loves Room on the Broom so will definitly hold back to enjoy that one.

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I think a good tip would be to cancel and go to Paulton's park, sorry!..
No can do, we have the tickets & hotel paid for. We did do Poultons Park in June and thought it was fabulous so hopefully this wont be too much of a let down.

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
There is a walk through area with parakeets. You can usually pay for a little cup of food for them (maybe not now with covid). But it is still nice to see them flying around.
Lovely thanks!

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
The food in the hotel is fair I think we found it slightly below premier inn. The food in the park is abysmal. We went a month or so ago on free tickets (had melin passes when we lived nearer and used to go twice a month at least) we ate in the BBQ place my daughter had a hot dog with the bottom covered in mould. My wife addressed it the staff changed it and didn’t charge us and as all the queues for food was similar in length to the vampire ride we ate. The problem I think you have is that most of the staff are young and don’t have the experience needed for everything.

Rides are great for little ones and some rides you will experience long queues and some you won’t, tiny truckers and the gruffalow will get very long. I would do tinyntruckers first and then gruffalow most of the early people try to get the “thrill rides done” gruffalow queue moves quickly. I think the soft play is closed at the moment but the tree top walk thing is open and when my little one was four she loved that.

I am sure you will have a great day but I strongly advise to bring food with you for in the park there is a petrol station with and m and s half a mile up the road.
Ok thankyou! I will definitely try and plan food then. We are having breakfast at the hotel so will try and fill up on that and then maybe just have some snacks during the day before grabbing dinner on the way back home.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

The restaurants in the hotels are fine its just in the park but trying to get reservations on the day was tough.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Just an update on this one in case anyone else is looking for tips. We stayed at the Safari hotel and our room was fabulous, as was the rest of the hotel looks wise.

We used the pool, having pre booked months in advance and that was good, except they had the usual issue of nowhere near enough changing facilities for the number of families in the pool. We then popped to the hotel bar and had a few drinks. Again, there were not enough tables for such a big hotel, I think maybe 7 tables? So many people couldn't get seated.

We had booked a meal in the Safari hotel restauraunt, luckily i had email confirmation of the booking as they told us they didn't have us down. We were told to order on the app, starters first and then mains as apparently they can't time it right on their own. We placed an order for starters and a pizza to feed the girls, paid for it via the app to then be told the wait was 40 minutes. The food coming out looked completely unapppitising and very overprice. £21 for a crappy chicken skewer - No thanks! Needless to say I asked for a refund and we head to the retsaurant at the Azteca Hotel. What a difference. Great service, a carvery buffet, lovely food & a fair price @ £16 for adults and £9 for children.

After a good nights sleep we head down to breakfast. A hot buffet was being served by 2, very slow moving staff members. All cold and not very good at all. We filled up on the pastires ect which were nice and head to the park.

Following advise on here, we head straight to the Gruffalo ride, then did Room on the Broom, then we also managed to fit in the carousel, the frog hoppers and the little tractor ride, all within the first 1.5hrs. After that, once the main entrance opened the queue times jumped massively and we didn't attempt any more rides. We wondered around, went in the Sealife Centre and let Edith play on the high ropes. We left at 12pm having done everything we wanted to in 3 hours.

We stopped at TGI Fridays High Wycome on the way home and had a fantastic meal with great service.

All in all, I would recommend the hotel, not the restaurant and I wouldn't rush back to the park again. Compared to our visit to Poultons Park in June, it was nowhere near as good.

Edited at 12:02 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Lovely photos and a smashing view from your room .
Glad you had a good weekend.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I am so sorry the food was poor at the Safari hotel we last stayed there about 4 years ago and the food was great dinner was great and as i said breakfast slightly below premier inn.