Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 19 Dec 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

DAS and family of 7 issues

Hi
Family of 7 (mum dad 5 kids)
Son number 3 needs a DAS - historically been ok as they tag 6 on his band and add it to a sibling

This time flat out told no

So either he will have to wait (extreme anxiety, cognitive behaviour, sensory and asd) so that one of us not added can ride or one of us (its me)misses out!
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear this. I have no experience with the DAS, but could you share the missing out with your partner? Not ideal and I hope you can get it sorted so you can all ride x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

My hubby spoke to another cast member and he added me.
He said its a hard 6 (like universal) so next time we can be prepared that they may be unable to add the 7th.

Next time we will have to look into the genie for the extra person
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LouH View Post
My hubby spoke to another cast member and he added me.
He said its a hard 6 (like universal) so next time we can be prepared that they may be unable to add the 7th.

Next time we will have to look into the genie for the extra person
So pleased that they managed to add you. We are a family of 8 and have 2 DAS passes. We have had 2 put 2 of my boys on 1 pass and the other 6 of us on the other. Its just taken me 5 hours 40 minutes to register and book our rides. We barely have any ride times that match up together so are going to hav3 to split up in the parks each day or speak to cast members when we are there to see if they can help so that we can all ride together. I understand each time slot has x amount of people available to book but surely there must be a way to keep families together! We wouldnt use DAS unless we absolutely had to. With the old FP+ system we booked 3 rides back to back and left after 2-3hrs, we only used DAS on 2 visits (both times Xmas week) in 20 trips! My son hates that he has to use it but knows he needs to. With FP+ he didnt need to. Now I can see meltdowns coming because I cant ride with him as my time slot is different
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
So pleased that they managed to add you. We are a family of 8 and have 2 DAS passes. We have had 2 put 2 of my boys on 1 pass and the other 6 of us on the other. Its just taken me 5 hours 40 minutes to register and book our rides. We barely have any ride times that match up together so are going to hav3 to split up in the parks each day or speak to cast members when we are there to see if they can help so that we can all ride together. I understand each time slot has x amount of people available to book but surely there must be a way to keep families together! We wouldnt use DAS unless we absolutely had to. With the old FP+ system we booked 3 rides back to back and left after 2-3hrs, we only used DAS on 2 visits (both times Xmas week) in 20 trips! My son hates that he has to use it but knows he needs to. With FP+ he didnt need to. Now I can see meltdowns coming because I cant ride with him as my time slot is different
FWIW, I only used one of my advance bookings. I didn't find them convenient most of the time as I changed my plans or was ahead of schedule. And as you've found, they have an extremely limited number of advance passes.

I just requested a DAS return on the day for everything else, which works based on current standby as it did before so you will be able to book both for the same window. At Epcot for example, I requested one for Frozen as I entered the park. By the time I wandered over there (stopping for coffee and photos) it was time to ride. If some of your advance times are OK, you might be able to line up day of passes to overlap one of the windows for the others so you can then all enter together?

Edited at 12:09 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Weve found this trip to be the second most challenging (the first when we were unknown in his disability.

He takes anti anxiety medication which at 12 years old was a huge thjng for us to agree to but it feels like its doing nothing - we know it would be worse without by my goodness its tough.

The historical fast pass system allowed us to be able to say we are going on these 3 then your pass so you dictate.

With only one pass due to no fast passes its tough - queuing has been really hard - he can be aggressive when over stimulated but at this stage is unable to ask for help before he peaks.

Im exhausted and only 4 days in :-(

The genie is simply too expensive for us - maybe had we not needed 700 worth of covid tests wed have added it but we just cant and even then it looks like it works like the DAs so again no pre planning and theres where lots of his struggles exist.

Our whole life for 80% is oreplanned - mapped out and to a schedule. Coming to WDW is actually something he loves, way more than sun pool holidays for example but hes not having a great time and its heartbreaking 😭
Old 22 Dec 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Our meltdown last night was pretty epic because we managed to get a ratatouille pass so came out of park for a good few hours and went home. Went back in to the park to have dinner and ride ratatouille before heading to springs to watch spiderman (planned for weeks). In queue for ratatouille and the ride went down. We waited 40 minutes and it wasnt back up but had to leave to go to the cinema - that was not great :-(. If we could have squeezed onto test track we may have been able to salvage some of the meltdown but couldnt.

I hate this new system 😭 I liked the fast pass system as knew hed have 4 rides in total guaranteed and planned with times so have breaks in between :-(