Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Jan 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I thought it was brilliant,whole cast were great, dancing superb however it was possibly as good but not better than the original so i couldn't see the need
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
i'm hoping this will be on disney plus soon. Not really keen on going to the cinema at the moment
Apparently in March.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

After seeing the new one which I really enjoyed, I decided to watch the old one on Sunday. The new one is much better in my opinion, more colourful and less corny
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 22, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
I thought it was brilliant,whole cast were great, dancing superb however it was possibly as good but not better than the original so i couldn't see the need
It’s funny that we don’t ask this about a stage production - even one that is filmed so people can watch it years later. I love the original but I loved the new version too. There have been huge strides forward in our understanding of representation (no-one in ‘brownface’) and much as I love Marni Nixon’s amazing career, I am glad people mostly sing for themselves these days! Also technology has moved on.

There are some interesting videos out there comparing the two, which are food for thought.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Went to see this today, I had never seen any version before and had no idea of the story really, only that it was a love story of sorts, I thought it was fantastic but so sad! Very tragic, when it ended I was like ‘is that it? Wheres the happy?!’
Much to my friends amusement! Loved it though.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went last night and both are glad to have seen it. We both felt it was too long though. I had to look away a few times - I'm an impressionable wimp though! I found myself having to pull back at times as the green screen effects made my eyes go funny, not sure why.

Not the best or worst film. Possibly I was a bit overwhelmed at being in a sold out cinema again.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
We went last night and both are glad to have seen it. We both felt it was too long though. I had to look away a few times - I'm an impressionable wimp though! I found myself having to pull back at times as the green screen effects made my eyes go funny, not sure why.

Not the best or worst film. Possibly I was a bit overwhelmed at being in a sold out cinema again.
Glad that it was sold out!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 22, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

West Side Story will debut on Disney+ on 2nd March