Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jengibbo View Post
We booked from LHR - Miami as Manchester far too expensive. We are doing LHR Miami then Miami-Tallahassee the next day and return from Miami it’s cost about £3K for 2 adults, 1 teen and 1 child.
Wow! That’s a 500 mile drive?

We did Destin to Tampa in one hit a few years back and it was torture. (In signature link as Panhandle purgatory). Rather you than me.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're fortunate enough to live 15/20 mins from Heathrow. We're going for 19 nights 17/08 and returning 05/09 and flying LHR to Miami, then Tampa to Gatwick to come home (not ideal, but still only 45 mins away) and with car hire we've paid £3028 for 2 adults & 2 teens. It's not the cheapest we've paid, but not he most expensive. Had we been able to travel in August 2020, for the same duration, it was £3600 for the 4 us us.

I always look at dates, durations, play around with airport locations (esp if planning to drive over there) and see what works the cheapest. Never fly out on a weekend and try and fly back on a Monday/Tuesday seems to work out cheaper.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Just wanted to add that just because you start with something you’re not quite happy with, doesn’t mean the door is closed to other options.

When our flights (20/8 and 2/9) were first released, for 2A and 1C it was £5,500 direct and £2,350 indirect from Heathrow. We picked indirect!

I’ve been watching prices and it’s now down to £3,300 direct and from £2,600 direct out/indirect back economy classic). I filled out one of the online amendment forms this morning about switching to direct out. A couple of hours later, got a WhatsApp message indicating I could switch to a direct out for… £11.78 total. Direct back was an extra £600pp (!) but was actually advised to keep checking in on that one for prices.

Yes, it’s more than we’d pay in a normal year especially indirect back, however it shows how much the prices can move and once booked, there are options to look again. Good luck!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

[QUOTE=cornishfrogboy;15294271]Wow! That’s a 500 mile drive?

We are flying from Miami to Tallahassee the next day. And then driving to Gulf Shores Alabama and staying a week then driving back to Miami via a week in Orlando
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=jengibbo;15295517]
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Wow! That’s a 500 mile drive?

We are flying from Miami to Tallahassee the next day. And then driving to Gulf Shores Alabama and staying a week then driving back to Miami via a week in Orlando
That sounds an absolutely brilliant vacation.

If passing through Mobile, then the USS Alabama and all the aircraft, tanks and submarines at the memorial are truly excellent… and Pensacola Beach glorious.

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:48 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

@cornishfrogboy I have just read your trip report and we’ll definitely visit the USS Alabama. Our family love visiting warships we’ve been to the USS Midway and Intrepid in NY. Can’t wait to sit in the beach and relax.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The naval air museum at Pensacola Beach is fantastic and I’m not an aircraft enthusiast at all. We’ve stayed at the Hampton Inn twice right on the beach. Sea view rooms are well worth the difference.
Edit The Florabama beach bar which straddles the Florida/Alabama state line is an interesting place florabama

Edited at 03:47 PM.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
The naval air museum at Pensacola Beach is fantastic and I’m not an aircraft enthusiast at all. We’ve stayed at the Hampton Inn twice right on the beach. Sea view rooms are well worth the difference.
Edit The Florabama beach bar which straddles the Florida/Alabama state line is an interesting place florabama
I agree totally, a world class museum.. but then again I am Military Aircraft fixated.

I rate Pensacola almost with the Smithsonion and also the USAF museum at Dayton OH.

Number 1 in my heart will always be the Italian Airforce Museum at lake Brachiano, just N of Rome. Size isn’t everything!

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Old 23 Jan 22, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Some of these prices are crazy and the flights will never sell, so they’ll come down. I priced up a Virgin flight and car only for next Xmas (returning on Boxing Day which is a very cheap day to fly- or should be) and it was £7800 and that’s from Heathrow!😂

They can’t want the business as they certainly are not getting mine. BA was just over 6k but that included 4 nights at Portofino in Club🤔
Virgin have lost the plot, not sure what’s going on.

Edited at 04:59 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Some of these prices are crazy and the flights will never sell, so they’ll come down. I priced up a Virgin flight and car only for next Xmas (returning on Boxing Day which is a very cheap day to fly- or should be) and it was £7800 and that’s from Heathrow!😂

They can’t want the business as they certainly are not getting mine. BA was just over 6k but that included 4 nights at Portofino in Club🤔
Virgin have lost the plot, not sure what’s going on.
Is this Virgin Holidays? I didn't think Christmas fights had been released yet.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List