Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jan 22, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
this has originated from me saying - Yep, all in a tax haven, but then no doubt they will lambaste the likes of Amazon and others for not paying their fair share of tax - another do as I say not as I do

And my following comments

Well there you go, perhaps I have just given them their next topic to whine about - perhaps they can do a podcast about it 🤣

Apology? please do not be mistaken, I am not apologising

Then I am in good company with H&M in making things up saying they are true when in fact they are not - I will apologise when they do, but I suggest you don't hold your breath.

What exactly have I made up and equally what false statement – I said ‘I have no doubt about something’ to which I don’t – not made up just my opinion, let’s wait and see if I am proven wrong?

You have responded with – They (ie me) stated that they believed that H and M made up things so therefore they have the right to.

Yes I do believe they make things up but where in any of my comments have I said have the right to make things up – or in fact are you just now making things up? I await your apology.
Then I am in good company with H&M in making things up saying they are true when in fact they are not - I will apologise when they do, but I suggest you don't hold your breath.

This is when you did it. When you stated that you are in good company making things up.

I am now leaving this conversation. I am sure its detracting from the interesting points people are wanting to make.

Edited at 03:09 PM.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I started this thread in May of 2021.

Whilst it has generated insightful debate and honestly held opinions being put forward in its early days (which was the original intention), it has clearly now degenerated into a slanging match between team M&H and team K&W , to the extent that I sincerely wish that I had never opened it in the first place.

There is simply too much offence taken by some forum members when a viewpoint is forwarded that differs from their own. The challenging and counter challenging is both tiring and not (imho), in the spirit of a vacation based forum.

I think that I will stick pretty much to vacation and fun matters in future as I believe that this is what the forum was set up for in the first place.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:54 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

In the absence of a Florida holiday just now, I visit the Dibb for the variety of threads, and opinions on offer. Some threads are of interest, some are not. But I love the melting pot on this site, and I thoroughly enjoy the debates I sometimes get myself involved in, even if I do get a bit carried away at times.

I try not to take anything said here personally, and I try (and sometimes fail) to not get personal myself. There’s certainly no hard feelings on my part, even if there is steam coming off my keyboard at times I enjoy the chance to flex the debating muscles, and despite how it might seem, I’m open to change and to see the other side.

And if this thread gets closed, I’m sure another will be opened on the subject at some point as I doubt we’ve heard the last of Harry & Meghan. I just hope the next time we do hear of them, it’s in a positive light.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have enjoyed reading this it's a bit like a very expensive soap opera isn't it?

Don't he sorry CFB look at the pages you have generated and the entertainment provided on cold winter days.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post

Whilst it has generated insightful debate and honestly held opinions being put forward in its early days (which was the original intention), it has clearly now degenerated into a slanging match between team M&H and team K&W , to the extent that I sincerely wish that I had never opened it in the first place.

There is simply too much offence taken by some forum members when a viewpoint is forwarded that differs from their own. The challenging and counter challenging is both tiring and not (imho), in the spirit of a vacation based forum.

I think that I will stick pretty much to vacation and fun matters in future as I believe that this is what the forum was set up for in the first place.
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
In the absence of a Florida holiday just now, I visit the Dibb for the variety of threads, and opinions on offer. Some threads are of interest, some are not. But I love the melting pot on this site, and I thoroughly enjoy the debates I sometimes get myself involved in, even if I do get a bit carried away at times.

I try not to take anything said here personally, and I try (and sometimes fail) to not get personal myself. There’s certainly no hard feelings on my part, even if there is steam coming off my keyboard at times I enjoy the chance to flex the debating muscles, and despite how it might seem, I’m open to change and to see the other side.

And if this thread gets closed, I’m sure another will be opened on the subject at some point as I doubt we’ve heard the last of Harry & Meghan. I just hope the next time we do hear of them, it’s in a positive light.
I agree with both of you!

As CFB, you said, it's good to take stock every now and then and review how you want to enjoy being on The Dibb.

...And as Jo, you said, there's lots to gain from the big ol' melting pot that is The Dibb and some debate can be energising and mind-opening.

ATEOTD, I think it's important to challenge the words and actions of those who have privileged levels of influence and wealth, since how they want to wield it affects all of us.

Is it influence that we want? Who does it really benefit? Who might it be hurting?

Is is authentic? Do they actually reflect the values they claim? ...And for which they receive big pay packets.

It's reasonable, then, I think, to expect that people like H&M -- who want to influence the world at such a level and be paid huge amounts in the process -- be questioned. ...And they have provided cause for questioning.

They wanted more freedom than the RF allowed (I think most of us can understand that), but that doesn't mean they have so much freedom - more than the rest of us - that they aren't held to account.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

P.S. And I agree with you, Sue of Essex (who replied while I was replying), that it has also been distracting and entertaining when we needed it.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

I think you should continue to create and post on all threads, as you have a great perspective seen through the eyes of someone who has been round the block a few times, and I say that with the upmost respect and sincerity.

If you choose otherwise, the dibb will be a poorer place.

Now…..back to Ginge and Whinge

Disney332
Old 25 Jan 22, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I love a good discussion as much as the next person and really appreciate the different opinions and ideas on here, even when their wrong and disagree with me

This forum has a very knowledgeable information base and I have learned quite a bit from the members over the years. I try not to get effected by peoples comments but I invariably fail miserably and get het up or frustrated. I don’t honestly know how people manage to not be affected by peoples comments. Must be made of stronger stuff than me

I hope you don’t lock or delete this thread CFB it’s been interesting
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have never deleted a post yet and never would.

I simply felt that in the past few pages, there were challenges and at times veiled insults starting to fly.

A respectful exchange of even opposite views is a very different matter.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:26 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I have never deleted a post bread and never would.

I simply felt that in the past few pages, there were challenges and at times veiled insults starting to fly.

A respectful exchange of even opposite views is a very different matter.
We have already lost too many who have been an asset to the Dibb and brought some well needed humour and quizzes along with some good debates, please don't be another one, your posts are appreciated by many on here, your posts may come across as abrupt and harsh at times but we need someone with a bit of substance who will give an honest opinion and tell it how it is 😉
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread