Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jan 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I am pleased with myself today. We had people over and I made barbacoa beef, chicken fajita style, peppers fajita style, guacamole, home made salsa, rice, air fryer chips, salsa. Pinto beans were from tin.

We had ikea daim as it's gluten free and I also made orange almond cake myself, also gluten free.We also had ice creams for the kids and the guests brought delicious looking treats but I asked if they can take some back as we don't have space in the fridge. I only had small slice of my almond & orange cake that made without flour or sugar.

We have a lot of leftovers so I froze some of the meat, the rest for lunches.

I am happy as I had my plate full and didn't get more. Good bit of my plate was veggies. I resisted most of the treats. The prosecco got me over my calories tiny bit. Dinner leftovers salad, plus mandarine & banana and cup of yogi tea. I don't need anything else.

After really moody week I am happy to be in good form, and to put together such big meal, but also healthish! 10 000 steps done as well

Ready for a good week

Edited at 08:06 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 22, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
What about this? I made a low sugar version. Really nice with double cream and berries.
nigella/recipes/choc...olive-oil-cake

How can you make it low sugar? Sounds really yummy
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
How can you make it low sugar? Sounds really yummy
I just vastly reduced the sugar and used Erythritol instead. I think I used between 50-75g.
Old 24 Jan 22, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

I want to start training again and will give few light weight basic lifts a go this week. Fingers crossed it goes well for me!
Old 26 Jan 22, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

We have so much food in the house, we probably will have full week off the meal template. My husband bought too much things we don't need from the butcher, luckily all calorie counting friendly but between that and weekend leftover and the freezer already having some cooked meals - week off cooking dinners for us.

Breakfast cherry almond baked oats
slimmingeats/blog/ch...-baked-oatmeal
lunch - chicken, roast peppers and courgettes, rice, tomatoes, carrots
snack - Greek yoghurt mango lassi
dinner - freezer luck
evening treat lemon & poppy seeds cookie

I will make some kale chips for snacking, we have too much veg this week and I don't want it to go to waste.

Edited at 09:04 AM.
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Mickey mold form primark - too cute!

makes two servings, would love a smaller one for just one serving
Old 29 Jan 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

my husband has decided he won't eat some foods but he has not decided what foods. He told me no cheese for example, but made himself a pizza last night

We had a lot of food waste this week and I am trying to figure out what to do about food next week now

I can try to get him involved in having a plan for more plain food and see if he cooperates with that.
I can tell him to look after himself - we all work from home so no reason not to

I love cooking but I don't want to be cooking for the brown bin of having to eat the same leftovers for days as someone decided they won't eat what we have planned and bought products for.

In the same time, I want to be supportive to him and if his stomach is upset and he doesn't know what food is upsetting him it's probably not the easiest set up to allow for food planning for him either.

He LOVEs the lemon and poppy seed cookies.
Old 29 Jan 22, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Alien View Post
my husband has decided he won't eat some foods but he has not decided what foods. He told me no cheese for example, but made himself a pizza last night

We had a lot of food waste this week and I am trying to figure out what to do about food next week now

I can try to get him involved in having a plan for more plain food and see if he cooperates with that.
I can tell him to look after himself - we all work from home so no reason not to

I love cooking but I don't want to be cooking for the brown bin of having to eat the same leftovers for days as someone decided they won't eat what we have planned and bought products for.

In the same time, I want to be supportive to him and if his stomach is upset and he doesn't know what food is upsetting him it's probably not the easiest set up to allow for food planning for him either.

He LOVEs the lemon and poppy seed cookies.
What a shame, it’s really hard trying to balance everyone.

My 2 are soldiering on with the low carb dinners, Ds is loving everything and Dh is counting the days till our Florida trip to overload on the carbs.

Ds loves those cookies too, glad your Dh likes them.
Old 29 Jan 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

And I am also going back to office for first time in 2 years
Old 29 Jan 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Reflecting on the month, it has been a bit of a mixed picture with weekends still my weak point in the week when I have not stuck rigidly to my plan. However, I plucked up the courage to weigh myself this morning and was surprised to find that I have lost 7 pounds since the start of the year so am thrilled with this. It has given me the incentive to keep going. Only a stone and a half to go!
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List