Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jan 22, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughter is 40 in June this year and I decided to take her abroad somewhere for a long weekend. Several places and countries were under consideration and Italy was one of them.
Now no more. Sad but there are a million other places.
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
My understanding of the rules, but happy to be told otherwise.
From your dates your 180 days from your last vaccination would be up on 30th April. Your “Super Green Pass “ ( required for everything except essential shopping) would no longer be valid after the 30th April. My experience at Christmas was that everywhere apart from the supermarket checked your QR code for validity. Hoping a decision is made soon on extending the Green Pass validity to 9 months if you’ve had a booster.
Alex
Ah, sorry if I confused you, in our house, we all had last jab (booster) at the end November onwards, apart from my husband who had his early in October, so as it stands he cannot come into Italy on 30th April and will only be able to do this trip if he can get another jab before we go. I will report back if he can get this done, as he is going to ask doctors.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just noticed the Super Green pass is only imposed until end of March currently, so hopefully for most of us this will be binned before we travel!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve just been reading on the Italy trip advisor forum and there is speculation that there will be an announcement very soon that the super green pass will be open ended for those who have been boosted, and potentially dropping covid tests before entry for those fully boosted. Great news if that happens!
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LoopyLoo07 View Post
I’ve just been reading on the Italy trip advisor forum and there is speculation that there will be an announcement very soon that the super green pass will be open ended for those who have been boosted, and potentially dropping covid tests before entry for those fully boosted. Great news if that happens!
Oh this is great news so fingers crossed! I travel 6 weeks today & would be so pleased if they drop the testing for then!🤞🏻

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
That would be fantastic, fingers crossed.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Oh it’s all so confusing isn’t it? 🤷

We are, hopefully, heading to Greece this year and we’re all triple jabbed. We had our boosters in December. As I read it, it’s similar to Italy, fully jabbed with booster means there’s no limit on time since last jab. However, how do they know if you’ve had a booster? Surely fully jabbed means 2 here, and everyone who has been double jabbed can get a covid pass on the NHS website (or app in England). I’m not at all tech savvy, so it may be a stupid question, but when they scan the QR code on pass does it tell them if you’ve had a booster, and tell them the dates of the injections?

So confusing, I really hope there won’t be any need for the passes by the time we go as, again, so many countries are asking for different criteria
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LoopyLoo07
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post

We are, hopefully, heading to Greece this year and we’re all triple jabbed. We had our boosters in December. As I read it, it’s similar to Italy, fully jabbed with booster means there’s no limit on time since last jab. However, how do they know if you’ve had a booster? Surely fully jabbed means 2 here, and everyone who has been double jabbed can get a covid pass on the NHS website (or app in England). I’m not at all tech savvy, so it may be a stupid question, but when they scan the QR code on pass does it tell them if you’ve had a booster, and tell them the dates of the injections?

So confusing, I really hope there won’t be any need for the passes by the time we go as, again, so many countries are asking for different criteria
Oh yeah, I hadn’t thought about that! God travel used to be so easy! So many obstacles to consider now!
LoopyLoo07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We have a Covid cert app in NI & from tomorrow our booster will be on there with a new QR code. So I guess that’s the one I will get scanned rather than my second dose QR code.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post

Hi
Can’t comment on Greece or NHS England covid pass but Scottish pass has a separate QR code for the booster showing date vaccinated. In Italy we initially used the the second vaccination code which was rejected as it was more than 9 months old and had to use the booster code. Not sure if the QR code reader automatically rejects or the operator does so. In Italy the business can be fined if they don’t check if you comply so are probably more vigilant in checking. It is unnerving to see the Carabinieri entering the caffe bar and randomly checking for Super Green Passes, on reflection it was slightly amusing to hear the silence descend when they came through the door🙄
Akex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List