Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Jan 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rainey82
Trying for More Ears

Thank you. I originally hadn’t planned to get a car but now after looking on here I have realised it is going to be necessary especially with baby. My other kids are 9 and 7 so we have bought Disney tickets but hadn’t thought of discovery cove will take a look - thanks for suggestion. Not sure how much is achievable as we were thinking of maybe booking a night at hard rock to do 2 days of universal with express pass (that’s more for me than kids as want to go to Harry Potter stuff).
Thanks again for all helpful suggestions.
Rainey82 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rainey82 View Post
Thank you. I originally hadn’t planned to get a car but now after looking on here I have realised it is going to be necessary especially with baby. My other kids are 9 and 7 so we have bought Disney tickets but hadn’t thought of discovery cove will take a look - thanks for suggestion. Not sure how much is achievable as we were thinking of maybe booking a night at hard rock to do 2 days of universal with express pass (that’s more for me than kids as want to go to Harry Potter stuff).
Thanks again for all helpful suggestions.
If your plan is open, then might I suggest this (I have before and to others).

When and if you land at MCO, go by Taxi ($55) straight to the Ramada on IDrive or similar. It is cheap, between Sandlake Road and Universal as well as having complimentary breakfast. There are numerous places nearby to eat that evening that will save you plenty more. You have also avoided double booking accommodations.

Early next morning, a Taxi ($10) to HRH or whatever and book in (£400?). Hammer the rides all that day and all of the next, possibly saving yet more by investing in club level to get unlimited cans of soda, snacks etc for the park as well as a breakfast, lunch snack and a beer and wine happy hour in the early evening with food … for both days.

At the end of the second day of Universal, phone and take a yellow cab($10), (not a Universal one that costs a lot more) to the Holiday Inn (Avis or Budget) and pick up your hire car.

In this way, you have had a budget Hotel as well as your expensive universal, whilst still getting a full two days of XPress pass.

You have not had to pay either car hire (heavy these days from the airport) or car parking fees for the first 3 days of your vacation, saving a load. As always, I would suggest a chat with Andy at DFCH, personally rather than simply filling out the DFCH form.

You have not had to purchase any snacks, drinks or other incidentals throughout the universal experience and also had access to Wine and Beer (If purchasing the Club upgrade). You will still need an evening meal. I would also point out that you may need to time out at various times as some of your children may tire. The club room has lots of games and stuff on the shelves.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rainey82
Trying for More Ears

Thank you it’s great to have these suggestions as it’s so much planning and hard to know how to factor everything in. I would be have even thought of club level. I’ve also emailed Andy for a quote thanks to him being suggested on here and it is half of what I was seeing online
Old 26 Jan 22, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We booked to stay at the Blue Heron for our 2020 visit which was obviously cancelled, the location is great but you would still benefit from having a car as the shuttle buses are limited. We’ve previously stayed at Floridays and Vistana Villages Resort which were both excellent and only a 15 minute walk to Premium Outlets and lots of restaurants. The Iride trolley bus also stops outside both resorts so it’s easy to access the busier end of International Drive where there are lots of places to eat. When our kids were smaller we always stayed in villas and loved having our own pool and lots of space but we also enjoy the 2/3 bedroom condo style resorts.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I would just suggest you don't try to do it all.
I didn't see you mention how long your going for or when.
The heat can wipe you out in the summer months some people suggest staying out of the parks during the hottest hours. (That's what we do)

Trying to fit in WDW, Uni and SeaWorld parks in one trip will mean lots of parks only get visited once. For a first time trip especially with children this could be disappointing. Each park has so much to do.

As you have a baby I think your own hire car would be a better option than Lyft or Uber unless you are happy to pay the extra fee for a car seat every trip.

Bare in mind that you will need to pay to park at the parks, some off-site hotels have free parking.

I have not stayed off-site yet. We have Grande Villas Resort LBV booked. Chosen as it's close to Disney and walkable places to eat. If your hiring a car this is matters a little less.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rainey82
Trying for More Ears

Thank you - good to know about blue heron and other resorts although I think with baby being small I am leaning towards villa for space.

We are going for 2 weeks so I think you are right don’t want to do to much as want some down days. Hopefully focus on Disney with 2 days at universal is achievable
Old 26 Jan 22, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rainey82 View Post
Thank you - good to know about blue heron and other resorts although I think with baby being small I am leaning towards villa for space.

We are going for 2 weeks so I think you are right don’t want to do to much as want some down days. Hopefully focus on Disney with 2 days at universal is achievable
If you are doing 14 nights and with the age of your children, then I would scrub Discovery Cove, especially given your enthusiasm for the brilliant Potter Offerings.. even though DC is far and away our ‘must buy’ ticket.

Space would not however be an issue with a 3 bedroom in LBV, although I appreciate that it would not be in a Villa either. I would never consider a Villa without a car, though.

LBV 3 bedroom plan.

LBV 3 bedroom master bedroom.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:15 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

If disney is your main goal look at the condos at Club Wyndham at Bonnet creek, it is in the middle of disney property so any uber/taxis will not be too expensive or take too long if the little ones crash. There are lots of pools, full kitchen and play areas/activities onsite so when you want a quieter time away from the parks.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List