Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Feb 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I didn’t. I thought maybe as it was yesterday I would get something today.
I will see what happens tomorrow and maybe get in touch.

Edited to say I’m talking rubbish. I did get an email to confirm I was all paid up.
Ah that’s ok then. The numbers should be in that email but failing that log into your booking and you’ll see all the numbers under the “tickets to post” tab 👍🏼
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry to gatecrash, but I was just wondering- with the park booking system now, how long before you go do you need to book your park?
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
Sorry to gatecrash, but I was just wondering- with the park booking system now, how long before you go do you need to book your park?
It’s anyone’s guess to be honest. I paid for my park tickets last week so that I could book Christmas Day, NYE & NY Day. Christmas Day in MK will definitely get booked it’s just a case of when.
Old 1 Feb 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We’re only planning to go to Disney for 1 day and I’m going to wait until much closer to the time to book tickets. They’ll be non-refundable and at over £600 for the tickets it’s too much to gamble on. HS between Christmas and New Year is what I’d like but we can be flexible on dates, parks or not going to the parks at all. We’ll be happy with a Bob Evans breakfast, Panda Express lunch, Cracker Barrel tea and a trip to Walmart right now
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

We are going for christmas this year for the first time as well.
We have two boys going into year 11 this september so would prefer to go at Xmas rather than Easter next year.
We booked with BA and i was really surprised how inexpensive the flights were.
We go up to LHR on 17 for overnight then BA to Miami , spending a couple of days in South Beach then up to WDW to stay in BC 2 bed Villa for 6 nights, not going last year mean't we have so many points to use ( we are DVC members) we thought we would treat ourselves.
We then go down to Sanibel for a few nights before flying up to Washington DC for New Years eve and day before flying back to the UK.
We have bought a 2 Day MYW ticket and booked MK for 21 Dec ( hopefully not as busy as xmas day)and we are going to EPCOT on christmas eve.
We are going to do an xmas dinner in villa on xmas day and then go to DS in the afternoon and evening.

Edited at 10:14 AM.
antietam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

We are staying in DVC but already looking at 20 - 26 Dec and some resorts have no rooms left in certain categories already.
We have booked our home resort for 6 nights but wont get a chance to change to a 7 month resort until May 20 and i think we will be extremely lucky to get anything other than the home resort we have already booked.
my advice if you do not already do this is to book your home resort for whole stay and then try and change at 7 months

Originally Posted by MissPiggy2012 View Post
We have booked 24 Dec - 7 Jan and this will be our first stay at Christmas time. We have booked a fly drive with Virgin, Manchester to Orlando. I start our DVC bookings next weekend, which I’m hoping won’t be too stressful 😬 We are planning on doing a split stay between Poly, Beach Club and Saratoga.

I’ve made a park reservation for MK on Xmas day, thinking that we will be awake early as it will be our first morning, so get into the park early and leave around midday. I’ve also made a park reservation for Epcot for New Years Eve.

That’s all our plans so far, will be interested to see what everyone else is doing.
Old 2 Feb 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

We only have 6 days of Disney left on our tickets, just cancelled our park bookings for April which I presume won't be happening now and made new ones for December,pretty sure I'll be swapping them around between now and December. 🎄
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I bought MYW 2 day base tickets.
they are non refundable but the date can be changed right up to the end of 2022 and beyond if covid is still an issue

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We booked on Saturday for 12-26th. This will incorporate my birthday.
We booked as it was such a great deal, worth the gamble. We are offsite at Shingle Creek where we have stayed before, it’s a fantastic hotel.
I’m not really sure what to do on Christmas Day. I know the ‘thing’ would be to go to MK, but I’m considering AK. I love the thought of seeing all those beautiful animals on Christmas Day. Our flight home on Boxing Day is pretty late so would go to MK then.
As for Christmas Dinner, really haven’t a clue.
I would like to incorporate a Candlelight Procession and a Christmas Party. Hopefully these will be on.
This was an impulse booking but really looking forward to all the planning.
One thing I wasn’t sure about was tickets. Under normal circumstances I would just get them straight away from Disney Direct, but I actually don’t know what’s best in case we can’t go. I want to be able to get my park days booked but don’t want to be out that money just in case.
Old 2 Feb 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I am not sure whether Disney are selling MYW tickets to UK Residents.
I am a DVC Member here in the UK and when i recently did a reservation for 20 to 26 Dec i was able to Purchase 4 Adult MYW 2 Day base Tickets. ( i was charged in Dollars) and the agent linked them for me on MDE and then i reserved 2 parks for 21 and 24 Dec.
I can change my reservations anytime within a 4 day period i have chosen depending on park availability.

These tickets are Refundable but what swung it for me was the ability to change the expiry dates on the tickets until end of 2023 and beyond if Covid 19 prevents us from going.
Old 2 Feb 21, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

I have booked with British Airways LHR - Miami direct out on Saturday18 December and back from Washington DC direct to LHR on Sunday 02 January
We have booked Avis Size S Ford Explorer or similar from 18th to 30th from Miami.

Cost for all above for 4 2 adults and 2 teenagers is £2195.

I was pleased with that