Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
$10 a person won't break the bank. I didn't even notice it was there when i visited in January. Anyone that has used it know how many hours it needs to be done before your flight?

Husband said that is a hell of a risk! Anyone ever had any problems with this service? I take it you don't see your case at the airport and won't see it until you get to your home airport?
Yes, you next see your cases when you land in the UK, we've used this service around a dozen times with no problems whatsoever, it's just like checking in at the airport.
It can only be done throughout the morning as they pack away after that.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We've always found it a great service. As OP says it means you don't have to park up with your luggage in the car and also don't have to man handle it from the rental garage to the check in desks.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

Have used DS bag-drop many times with zero problems. The only slight risk I could see is if the van your bags are in was to be involved in a very serious accident en-route to the airport, so unlikely but nothing is impossible.

DS bag-drop closes at about 13:00 so your bags will be in the airport baggage system by 14:00, so plenty of time to make a flight that departs at around 18:00, even if the TSA do decide they want to open your bag for a hand-search.

As bags from Disney Springs hit the airport baggage system earlier, they will start to make-up the ULD (containers) of bags for the hold with these bags. There is a chance that the earlier made-up containers will end up being loaded earlier onto the aircraft & be at the back of the hold, so last out back in the UK. This is pot-luck irrespective of where you check-in though. If you're in Upper Class or Flying Club Gold, this can be disregarded, as your bags should go into the Upper Class container, which is supposed to be the last one loaded, so first one out back in the UK.

I suppose one thing to bare in mind is that once you've dropped your bags at DS, they sit in a van that is in direct sunshine until they depart for the airport. Might be an idea not to pack chocolate in the cases in peak summer months when direct Florida sunshine is very hot.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Use DS check in every time - must be about a dozen now. Like other posters have never had a problem.

I dont rent a car anymore due to the Disney Parking fees and it was really easy to get there from Pop.

We left our hand luggage with Pop luggage services and took an uber over to Springs. It was about $12. We checked in really early then got another Uber to Animal Kingdom where we spent our last morning. Lunch at Satu'li Canteen and a slow walk out back to the bus stops. Back to Pop, collected hand luggage and onto DME.

By the way - if anyone thinks its scary leaving your luggage at Disney Springs you should try the Cruise Line luggage service from the Hyatt at MCO. We had to check out of our room but leave our luggage in there and go and get the DCL bus to the port. Next time we saw the cases they were delivered to our stateroom on the ship.

Now thats a leap of faith...

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
nickmad
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
$10 a person won't break the bank. I didn't even notice it was there when i visited in January. Anyone that has used it know how many hours it needs to be done before your flight?

Husband said that is a hell of a risk! Anyone ever had any problems with this service? I take it you don't see your case at the airport and won't see it until you get to your home airport?
We have been using this for years and never had an issue with it. There is a lorry for each flight and your luggage is loaded into there. Definitely worth $10 for the service. We usually stay at Saratoga Springs so it is a 5 minute drive for us before heading off for a last day at a park before driving to the airport
nickmad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We love this service and never had an issue. One thing to note for anyone new thinking of using the service - everyone has to be present. You can’t send one person to do this whilst everyone else goes round the Springs or enjoys the pool at your villa.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

I know this is a free option if booked with virgin holidays. We have booked a fly drive with virgin Atlantic as it was cheaper than virgin holidays. Do we still get this service free?
kidsx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by kidsx2 View Post
I know this is a free option if booked with virgin holidays. We have booked a fly drive with virgin Atlantic as it was cheaper than virgin holidays. Do we still get this service free?
Unless flying upper class or are virgin gold it $10pp - they don't take cash now, just card payment

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mary A View Post
Unless flying upper class or are virgin gold it $10pp - they don't take cash now, just card payment
Thank you
kidsx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkswish View Post
With all that's been going on of late and with the Cuts Disney are making do we reckon the Virgin Check in will remain at Disney Springs?. Its always been a massive perk to us as to why we always fly Virgin, as we have three kids one of which has ASD, so dropping our luggage off and going straight to security at MCO is a god send. Currently planning for next year so wondered what peeps opinions are. x
I suspect that when flights restart Virgin won't re-instate the Disney Springs check in - hope I am wrong but if they are looking for ways of cost cutting then it could be on their list.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List