Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 22, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Evil queen View Post
Ah I see, fantastic she got in to a place she loved, I think that’s half the battle isn’t it? I imagine she is knee deep in dissertation work right now. I know what you mean about the fees for ArtsEd and it’s the same for mountview, I think it’ll be a stretch for us really especially if she ends up doing a foundation year. We will have to cross that bridge when we come to it I guess, it’ll be nice just to have some offers! Good luck to your daughter for this final year.
DD's dissertation is amazing, it's not a formal written piece they do a Swing Project . They learn a complete Musical in groups and have to learn every part and create themselves a Swing Bible where they keep all their notes about each part. Then they perform the show several times (not to an audience) and they only find out about and hour before they start which part they are performing.
Old 20 Jan 22, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Minicooper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
What is he hoping to study? My 2 went to Edge Hill and I work at Staffs so if you have any questions I’d be happy to try and help
He has applied for TV Production, we looked at Edgehill for our DD a few years ago and I loved it. He's booked on a campus tour next week so I'm hoping he likes it.
Old 20 Jan 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minicooper View Post
DD's dissertation is amazing, it's not a formal written piece they do a Swing Project . They learn a complete Musical in groups and have to learn every part and create themselves a Swing Bible where they keep all their notes about each part. Then they perform the show several times (not to an audience) and they only find out about and hour before they start which part they are performing.
That sounds fantastic and exhausting!
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I’m now panicking slightly as DD’s application has just gone in. I kept saying it was late but she’s looking at animation and said her college said to apply near the deadline for arts courses so they have more time to develop their portfolio. I’m just trusting they know what they are doing (big and successful 6th form college so probably do!)

Anyway, she has finally chosen Ravensbourne, Pearson, Portsmouth, Bristol and Cardiff Met so fingers crossed.

Her twin has applied to the Navy for an engineering apprenticeship. Passed everything but the hearing test so we have an appointment to see her ENT consultant hoping she has some gunk in her ear that can be cleared out before she does a retest.
Old 21 Jan 22, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
I’m now panicking slightly as DD’s application has just gone in. I kept saying it was late but she’s looking at animation and said her college said to apply near the deadline for arts courses so they have more time to develop their portfolio. I’m just trusting they know what they are doing (big and successful 6th form college so probably do!)

Anyway, she has finally chosen Ravensbourne, Pearson, Portsmouth, Bristol and Cardiff Met so fingers crossed.

Her twin has applied to the Navy for an engineering apprenticeship. Passed everything but the hearing test so we have an appointment to see her ENT consultant hoping she has some gunk in her ear that can be cleared out before she does a retest.
My daughter did an arts course and also applies late so that the portfolio could be improved. I think that’s standard.
She ended up doing an art foundation which she loved so don’t rule that option out either.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

My dd submitted her application first week back after Xmas . She’s got all her offers in except for one which is an interview at York. York would be her first choice. She’s got an unconditional offer for Lincoln for first or insurance which was 120 points (bbb) so is really pleased with that.
Her interview will be online - any advice? She’s applied for marketing/ business courses. X
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
My daughter did an arts course and also applies late so that the portfolio could be improved. I think that’s standard.
She ended up doing an art foundation which she loved so don’t rule that option out either.
Thanks, that is reassuring. Beth went down the BTech route ( after trying A levels for the year) so this year is the same as the arts foundation year and she is loving it.
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Today is the final date for UCAS entries to be in. While child no 3 has had one unconditional I'm hoping the other offers start coming in soon.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Mine has now got interviews for 4 other choices (2 online and 2 face to face) and the fifth has requested her portfolio so a busy couple of months for us.
Old 27 Jan 22, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My DS had his first audition and interview for music and got an offer so really pleased. Next audition in a couple of weeks and fingers crossed he gets another offer, then it’s decision time.

Good luck to everyone else with auditions and interviews
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List