Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Aug 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Fraggle35 View Post
Update, Kts contract has just been sent and she's due to start on 20th Sept if all her paperwork is sorted in the next week. Vaccination status, DBS and visas all need to be forwarded and then she will be on the Wonder cruises from San Diego, Galvaston disembarking in New Orleans. She will be away for Christmas so any ideas for gifts would be appreciated and if anyone's over that way, could you please say hi as she'd be made up.
Brilliant news! How exciting, I love the Wonder! 😃

Shame my dd won't be on the same ship! The Wonder wasn't mentioned just the Fantasy and briefly the Wish!

My dd has her medical the week after next, at Elstree studios too! Can I ask how quick her visa appointment was? She's currently filling that all in? Thanks 😁
Old 29 Aug 21, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

She was given 18th September but the disney host told her to keep checking the website daily and she's managed to get another appointment for next week.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
She was given 18th September but the disney host told her to keep checking the website daily and she's managed to get another appointment for next week.
Is that for her visa? That's quick I assumed it would take a while! Excellent 🙂
Old 17 Sep 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

So a little update again... after receiving details that Kt would be leaving this week for training in Florida, she's just received a revised date of 1st Oct as her vaccination status has been accepted and she won't have isolate for a fortnight. A week at Disney HQ and then onto the Disney Wonder on the 8th where she'll complete her training on board. Getting excited now...
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
So exciting for her! 😁.

My dd has just had her contract of employment and it says on or around the 1st Oct! She hasn't even had her visa appointment yet! I'm thinking it will be later! 🤞😁. Hope so anyway I'm not ready for her to go yet 🙈! Xx
Old 18 Sep 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Fantastic and exciting news on the job!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Any news catlady? I'm sitting here in Manchester waiting for Kate to fly in the morning and disney have just emailed to change her ship. She's now assigned to the Dream out of Florida , no explanation etc, just sitting here trying to Google what it's like compared to the Wonder.
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Any news catlady? I'm sitting here in Manchester waiting for Kate to fly in the morning and disney have just emailed to change her ship. She's now assigned to the Dream out of Florida , no explanation etc, just sitting here trying to Google what it's like compared to the Wonder.
Oh how fabulous for your daughter Fraggle35.
We're booked on the Dream next February it's the 3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral 18-21st - would love to say hello if we see her.
Please give her our kind regards, wish her a pleasant flight and huge ammounts of pixie dust for her future.
Also sending you a hug cos I'm sure it will be emotional waving her off
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh wow we assumed once you got your ship that was it! Hope she is OK with the change 🤞. Bigger ship, and Nassau and Castaway Cay.

My dd was initially told the Fantasy (Dream sister ship) , but when her contract came it actually says the Dream? She has her visa appointment on the 14th October, could have had next week, but we sadly have a funeral, so she picked the following week. She may end up on the same ship as your daughter! 😁

Hope your dd has a great time, and safe travels to her tomorrow 😀 Big hugs to you, I can imagine it will be bitter sweet tomorrow 🤗. Xx
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Oh wow we assumed once you got your ship that was it! Hope she is OK with the change 🤞. Bigger ship, and Nassau and Castaway Cay.

My dd was initially told the Fantasy (Dream sister ship) , but when her contract came it actually says the Dream? She has her visa appointment on the 14th October, could have had next week, but we sadly have a funeral, so she picked the following week. She may end up on the same ship as your daughter! 😁

Hope your dd has a great time, and safe travels to her tomorrow 😀 Big hugs to you, I can imagine it will be bitter sweet tomorrow 🤗. Xx
Good luck to your daughter for her visa appointment catlady; sending her our very best wishes for her future employment whichever ship she gets.
Here's a virtual (((hug))) for you too
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List