Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 19 Aug 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Wonder how the pre register video will work when obtaining one 30 days before ?

Will it be an American cm ? ( time difference ) ? , and do you book a slot so you know when it’s happening ?

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Thank you for all the information on this post - it is really helpful.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

My partner uses DAS for his health condition, and whilst the Fastpass changes are disappointing, the DAS changes seem much better. Does anyone think the changes will increase abuse of the system? I am concerned it might, and then its the people that really need it that will suffer

I wish they actually could request evidence, a Dr letter or something, to limit abuse of the system.

Also, when we were there in 2019 we had the DAS but only used it as a last resort, we utilised Fastpass where possible. Now I imagine people utilising the DAS will increase quite a bit as there is no other (free) way to reduce queue times on some rides (I appreciate some will have virtual queues)

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding

Edited at 03:00 PM.
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
Wonder how the pre register video will work when obtaining one 30 days before ?

Will it be an American cm ? ( time difference ) ? , and do you book a slot so you know when it’s happening ?

Jules
Yes i was wondering this too,hoping i can do the video chat for my boys as they arent comfortable talking to people over video chat(or on the phone or in person for that matter!)

Edited at 07:06 PM.
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Yes i was wondering this too,hoping i can can do the video chat for my boys as they arent confortable talking to people over video chat(or on the phone or in person for that matter!)
I'm sure a responsible adult/parent/carer will be able to take the call.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great information everyone. Definitely something I needed 👍
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KBRB
slightly serious Dibber

The 2 a day? thats for your first day only right? then its back to normal with the only change i can use my phone to DAS rather than walk up?
KBRB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
The 2 a day? thats for your first day only right? then its back to normal with the only change i can use my phone to DAS rather than walk up?
In the information pasted in post number 2 of this thread it says 2 slots per day where available. It also says you can't book any on the day.

It's possibly a one or the other choice. Book 2 a day ahead of time or choose the self service in the app when you are there? It's not very clear.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by KBRB View Post
The 2 a day? thats for your first day only right?
It's two per day for every day you have a valid ticket and park reservation I think.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

I have two children with autism both prefer different rides and have different needs. We often end up with me and daughter doing something and son and husband. Can I get DAS for each child. No way either will speak on zoom chat. My sons a selective mute! I can provide letters from their paed consultant. Also if we don’t use the pre paid genie thing does that mean it’s just two das rides a day? There’s zero chance of them tolerating a queue that’s longer than 15/20 minutes. If we use genie thing every day for our 21 day ticket and extra for the ‘good’ rides that I know my son will be desperate to ride it will cost thousands more- that we don’t have.
It’s really annoyed me that Disney are putting yet another additional unexpected cost on our holiday. No fast pass, no dining, no magic express. I’m so disappointed in them. My husband is Seriously contemplating losing our deposit and pulling out.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List