Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 17 Oct 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OutbackAddict
Imagineer

Bubba Gump's London oh dear !

When to Bubba's Gumps yesterday for lunch before seeing Frozen in the evening, the food was OK (apart from forgetting to put the cajun seasoning on the fries) but the service was terrible, after a few mix ups with our order and waiting over half an hour for our mains plates to be cleared had a chat with the manageress on duty at the time which resulted in a 25% reduction in our bill and the service charge removed.
But I really just don't understand, they were clearly understaffed and most working were somewhat under skilled, I think I only saw one table with their mains actually cleared the whole time whilst we were there, most tables were giving up and asking for their bills, don't think they can have hardly sold a dessert all day. The poor manager I spoke to was getting complaints from all sides, I ended up telling her that I hoped her day improved !( she indicated she didn't think it was going to )
Yet when I went downstairs they were still putting people on the standby list, surely it's better to look after less people well, just do your bookings and stop any walkin's until you can cope rather than just keep ploughing ahead what ever the consequences to your reputation ( that's what I do in my pub and restaurant during the current staffing crisis )or maybe they just don't care as most of their custom is one off tourists never to return and its worth it to them just churn as much custom as possible and chuck out a few discounts to the more vocal 'complainers', it must be so demoralising for any decent staff they have.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
OutbackAddict is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I have never been but back when I lived in London, I heard similar complaints about it. Seems nothing has improved.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been twice since it opened, both before covid and both similarly bad experiences.

We wouldn’t go again.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

We went about 4 years ago, awful. Place was dirty, service awful, food tepid... would never go back or ever believe the difference between florida and London. I know usa service is a different standard, but the difference was ridiculous. Such a shame.
Old 17 Oct 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I have been twice, the second time was in the afternoon and not very busy, way before Covid
The service was terrible, so bad you couldn't really call it service, no one seemed to be in charge and the staff were just wandering around seemingly having no idea what they were supposed to be doing.
I am actually surprised they are still going.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

I don’t really like the one in Citywalk . Went once and found the food dry and pretty tasteless. Love the Movie though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We went a few years ago on a quiet afternoon and it was good, it was Halloween time and it was empty but the service was good. Doesn’t sound good anymore what a shame
Old 24 Oct 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Holiday time
Serious Dibber

I couldn’t agree with your review more, went at the start of the month and the food and service were absolutely terrible. Waited for ages for service and should have walked out as the warning signs were there. Actually couldn’t believe they added a 12.5% service charge and had it promptly removed.

My local McDonald’s has more atmosphere. Can’t believe it is has connection to the Bubba Gumps at Citywalk.
Holiday time is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List