Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jan 22, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Sorry for silly questions, I have read through this but …….
1/ I have booked our tests for entry into the USA so I think that’s ok. Is your COVID pass the only proof of vaccine required.
2/. Can someone explain the coming home process please and what we need to do for that, I have purchased the day 2 tests for when we get home but presume there must be some test before the flight?

Edited at 11:01 PM.
tracynoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracynoe View Post
Sorry for silly questions, I have read through this but …….
1/ I have booked our tests for entry into the USA so I think that’s ok. Is your COVID pass the only proof of vaccine required.
2/. Can someone explain the coming home process please and what we need to do for that, I have purchased the day 2 tests for when we get home but presume there must be some test before the flight?
There is no test to come home anymore. That has been removed. Yes covid pass is acceptable for proof of vaccine. Your tests into the US must be supervised, whether that's in person or video call.
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Thank you so much :-)
tracynoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shades
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by tracynoe View Post
<snip>
Assuming you are vaccinated, no test before the flight needed and after Feb 11th no post-flight test needed.

We came back yesterday (via Virgin) and the process was as follows:

-Before departure, order enough lateral flow tests (not the free NHS ones) and make sure you have the PLN passenger locator numbers to take with you, not the tests. They are referred to as day 2 tests and don’t need to be proctored or observed. You say you have already done this so all good so far.

-In America, fill in the Passenger Locator Form, your airline should send you the link to this. You can’t do it until 48 hours of your departure. (As we were on a cruise, we did it the morning of the flight in a hotel day room rather than pay expensive ship internet fees). The form is quite long-winded and you have do an individual one for each adult, including scanning your NHS travel QR code. We used a tablet to do the form and individual phones to access the NHS travel barcode although we did have printouts of the Covid vaccination status available if necessary.

-You will receive an email acknowledgement of the form with an attached PDF containing your QR approval code.

-At physical check-in you have to show all the QR codes which will be scanned by the airline.

-When you get back to blighty, you have two days to carry out the tests and get certified results. We did them yesterday.

(As we are only on day one, I don’t know if the PLN people require you to upload the result or if it is notified to them by the test provider. We used Prenetics and they advised the results would be available within 12 hours for 2 day LF tests, although of course you see the results yourself after 15 minutes).

Edited at 08:51 PM.
Shades is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tracynoe
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Shades View Post
Assuming you are vaccinated, no test before the flight needed and after Feb 11th no post-flight test needed.

We came back yesterday (via Virgin) and the process was as follows:

-Before departure, order enough lateral flow tests (not the free NHS ones) and make sure you have the PLN passenger locator numbers to take with you, not the tests. They are referred to as day 2 tests and don’t need to be proctored or observed. You say you have already done this so all good so far.

-In America, fill in the Passenger Locator Form, your airline should send you the link to this. You can’t do it until 48 hours of your departure. (As we were on a cruise, we did it the morning of the flight in a hotel day room rather than pay expensive ship internet fees). The form is quite long-winded and you have do an individual one for each adult, including scanning your NHS travel QR code. We used a tablet to do the form and individual phones to access the NHS travel barcode although we did have printouts of the Covid vaccination status available if necessary.

-You will receive an email acknowledgement of the form with an attached PDF containing your QR approval code.

-At physical check-in you have to show all the QR codes which will be scanned by the airline.

-When you get back to blighty, you have two days to carry out the tests and get certified results. We did them yesterday.

(As we are only on day one, I don’t know if the PLN people require you to upload the result or if it is notified to them by the test provider. We used Prenetics and they advised the results would be available within 12 hours for 2 day LF tests, although of course you see the results yourself after 15 minutes).
Thank you very much for your help. It’s appreciated very much
Old 27 Jan 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
marley32
Earning My Ears

Hi folks help please our DD is 13 and had her first vaccination in at the start of December what’s the rules for her now
Is she “ fully vaccinated “for as a 13-year-old or is there anything else I need help please we are going on the 17th of February

Edited at 05:01 PM.
marley32 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marley32 View Post
Hi folks help please our DD is 13 and had her first vaccination in at the start of December what’s the rules for her now
Is she “ fully vaccinated “for as a 13-year-old or is there anything else I need help please we are going on the 17th of February
No. As per the first post, she is considered unvaccinated for the US as they only consider double dosed as fully vaccinated regardless of age.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 22, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
phil36
Gone all Goofy

Another confused VA passenger here! Can't find any information on the website, or the app about how to submit test results, vaccine status or attestation form. Does it all magically appear during the 24 hour check in window, or does VA have an equivalent of VeriFly?
phil36 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Where is the best place to book the supervised lateral flow test for the outbound?

We are driving from Sheffield to London for our Saturday flight and there are a few places on the way down such as East Midlands airport. We’re all working on the Friday so it’s going to be a race against time.
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
Where is the best place to book the supervised lateral flow test for the outbound?

We are driving from Sheffield to London for our Saturday flight and there are a few places on the way down such as East Midlands airport. We’re all working on the Friday so it’s going to be a race against time.
We booked Randox at EMA for both our outbound test and 2 day return test. Very efficient. Testing was a little different in Nov/Dec though

ema.randox/

Mick