Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Nov 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

1st trip to Disney Paris

I went for the first time at the beginning of October.
I have been to Florida, got to say, for me, no comparison, but then everything is very different.
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it, apart from all the rain we encountered, that probably didn’t help, but that’s not Disney’s fault ☺️).
I’ve never stayed in an on-site hotel.
Our first evening stay was in the Campanile Val De France. Room was big, but we were just round from the eating/arcade area so it was a little noisy. Breakfast was buffet style. It was really busy, in what seems not a very big seating area. Food was ok there. We got on a Disney bus to the park. Bus ride was only 5 minutes up the road.
For the rest of our stay we were in the Newport Bay, at the time we went, we had waiter service, there was no buffet service (don’t know if it’s back on yet). We had breakfast for our stay, it was ok, but I just ate cereal and croissants and of course pancakes.
My friend did say the buffet service is great when it’s on.

Our room was a good size, there were 4 of us. I did like that the shower/toilet was separate from the sink. It’s the little things.

Our room was cleaned every day. Cannot fault that.
Some of the staff were not helpful, but I wonder if that’s because they had had enough of the conditions they were working with as the next few after we had left they had gone on strike.
The vaccine security people were not the happiest, not really very helpful either. Something happened while we were going through it on our last day, and they were not really bothered about it…or helpful. I won’t say anything as my friend is in talks with Disney at the moment.
But also standing in the wind and rain with not to much protection would be hard for anyone.

The restaurants we went too, and there was a few, were mostly ok.
My favourites were Silver Spur Steakhouse and Annettes diner, I also really enjoyed Bistro Chez Remy for the decor.
We did go to the Marvel hotel for a meal and went to the bar for a cocktail. As a Marvel fan..I loved it.
The food was lovely, but most desserts had nuts in, I could eat the mousse with Groot in and the cheesecake….they were lovely. It was very very busy.

I have a nut allergy, most of them I went too were not very educated on which product had nuts in. I totally understand that’s my problem. But each time I asked (mainly the desserts) they took ages to come back to me to let me know if the desserts had nuts in…..most of them did. None of the waiters/waitresses knew which dessert had nuts in and which didn’t.
I did ask if I could have a replacement for the dessert because I couldn’t eat it, Chez Bistro Remy was the most helpful and so friendly.

My friend booked all the meals on the app when the reservations came open. She is a pro as she loves this place and goes often.

Having said all this, I did enjoy my stay.
We must of been lucky with the rides, as the only one that had broke down on the odd occasion was Cars Road Trip.
I did find it very odd that the main Disney store in the village only opened at 2 or 3, it was absolutely packed whenever we went in there.

My friend had a disability pass so that really made things so much smoother.
I enjoyed the parks, I enjoyed the rides.
There is a lot in the 2 parks.
I can see why people like going there, wether it be a Disney fix or because of the expense, as it is far more cheaper than Florida or other parks.
I’m no expert on the parks, but it’s definitely worth a visit.

Edited at 10:51 AM. Reason: Add some photo’s
lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List