Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 12 Nov 21, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Pre-registration for DAS

Is this available for UK guests or not? My wife is telling me that its only for US guests so we'll need to get ours when we get there - at guest services - and therefore not be able to book the 2 a day in advance? Or will we be able to book these at guest services? Thanks
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

A few people managed to register but I've since read on here of someone being told at least twice that it's only available to US and Canadian visitors. 😢
Old 12 Nov 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
MJ6987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
A few people managed to register but I've since read on here of someone being told at least twice that it's only available to US and Canadian visitors. 😢
Yeah, that's what I heard. I just wonder whether the advance reservations can be made at Guest Services if this is indeed the case, to avoid international disabled guests being disadvantaged
MJ6987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
PopAlways
Excited about Disney

I found this on a site called plan disney.disneygo.com.
Anne asked about registering for DAS online.

Hello again Anne, and welcome back to planDisney!

As the current UK Panelist here at planDisney, it makes me so very happy to be able to provide fellow British Guests with a unique view of holidaying at the most magical place on earth from across the other side of the pond.

There are so many wonderful Services for Guests with Disabilities at Walt Disney World Resort, including for those Guests with Cognitive Disabilities. I know from my own personal experience of visiting Disney with a family member with a non-visible disability, that these services truly are inclusive, and will indeed ensure that your whole family enjoys a magical time - all together!

Anne, I'm pleased to share that only fairly recently, Guests have been offered the opportunity to pre-register for the Disability Assess Service (DAS) via video chat. However at present, this DAS pre-registration via video chat is not yet available for Guests residing in the United Kingdom.

I understand that this might not be the news you were wishing to hear. But, I do have some good news for you! Guests are still able to register for the Disability Access Service (DAS) upon arrival into any Disney Theme Park by stopping by Guest Relations. Plus, I'm pleased to say that any DAS that Cast Members may issue will be good for your entire length of stay at Walt Disney World Resort.

If you should have any further concerns about visiting the magic of Walt Disney World Resort with a disability, it's always possible to email Cast Members with any specific questions: disability.services@disneyparks.com
PopAlways is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
Yeah, that's what I heard. I just wonder whether the advance reservations can be made at Guest Services if this is indeed the case, to avoid international disabled guests being disadvantaged
I would definitely ask, but they may be limited in what they can do as the advance can only be added up to 2 days before your trip so the system might lock the option after that.

There's no technical reason why they can't offer this internationally so my guess is that it's one way to reduce down the call volume as the waits have been extremely long for a lot of people.

I was one of the ones that managed to get through and tbh, the advance selections aren't an amazing perk because the times available are very limited. Safari for example, I could only choose between 10am and 5pm, neither of which were suitable. And this was several days into my trip, 4 weeks in advance, so should theoretically still have decent availability left. I ended up skipping a few of the days as well as I don't have firm plans on those.

The only reason I did the pass in advance was to not have anxiety about going to guest services on the day, in case I was having a bad day where speaking isn't an option.

Edited at 10:39 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List