Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Nov 21, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by yorkshireman View Post
Nice one Karen! I'm sure you will care when your flights and cruises get cancelled because they can't fill the spaces from all the lost family bookings. It all has a knock on effect. You just need to look past your own nose to see that.
Exactly this. Just because something doesn't directly affect you does not mean there won't be consequences. If families can't fly direct to mco expect flights to be canceled that direct flight becomes indirect prices rise etc. Not saying any of this will happen but it could. Everything has an indirect effect eventually.
Old 18 Nov 21, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeybell1210
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
And so what if it does? I really don't care.
Love that Disney spirit.

I remember a time when all things Disney were magical - not been like that for a while now.
mickeybell1210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeybell1210
Trying for More Ears

DCL offering refunds up until Feb for bookings impacted by this.

Seeing what I can do about flights.

Might just cancel the entire thing now - the cruise was a huge part of it.
mickeybell1210 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Exactly this. Just because something doesn't directly affect you does not mean there won't be consequences. If families can't fly direct to mco expect flights to be canceled that direct flight becomes indirect prices rise etc. Not saying any of this will happen but it could. Everything has an indirect effect eventually.
still wont affect me. I don't book package holidays on charter flights with travel agents to Walt Disney World. I book scheduled flights direct with airlines to California.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
yorkshireman
Earning More Ears

still wont affect me. I don't book package holidays on charter flights with travel agents to Walt Disney World. I book scheduled flights direct with airlines to California.
Yep that makes sense because no families ever go on holiday to California or on scheduled flights
yorkshireman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Let’s hope it all get sorted by early next year.
Disney is for everyone but without children it would not exist as we know it. Hopefully everyone gets to take the kids next year to both Disney world and cruising.
Even without foreign kids the cruise will be packed with us kids.
The planes will be packed with uk kids. The more the merrier.
And kids being kids without their masks on.
Well we know this will go on til at least May next year as per the announcement. I think for cruises this might be a requirement for awhile though.

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
I agree. I think although it doesn't effect me there may be some knock on effects. That said I doubt it will stop people flying to the US under the current entry requirements. Remember the flights are running currently and are busy even with the vaccination requirement so the knock on effect of the current US rules hasn't been devestating at all. Now if they did introduce the over 5 vaccination rule to flights as well then there would probably be an impact. Its just hard to work out what that would be or if they would going forward. Cruiselines and Planes for that matter have people enclosed in a small area for a long period of time. They have to try and reduce the chances of COVID and the biggest way to do this is to insist on vaccinations its as simple as that. Unless COVID disappears I doubt things will go back to a free for all and people will have to accept it.
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

I'm probably in the minority. If applies to the summer 2022 European cruises then I'm happy about this change. It will mean less children on my cruise and less risk of Covid on my cruise. I know Covid wont "be gone" but anything that lessons the risk is good to me.
So you don’t think children should be on a Disney cruise? Personally I think they are the one cruise line that should be more considerate of the restrictions on vaccinations of children, particularly in Europe.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

and again, reducing the risk for me when I fly to USA, so I'm all for it .
Well, fortunately for most of us it is not your decision to make. If your not happy with them currently allowing unvaccinated children in, even with testing, then maybe you should be the one to stay at home rather than expecting everyone else to adapt to your anxiety. I presume you are vaccinated so even if you do catch it then the symptoms will be mild.
Buffyp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
And so what if it does? I really don't care.
Nice. Good of you to have empathy with your fellow Dibbers.
Old 19 Nov 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Buffyp
VIP Dibber

but thats just the way travel will be for the next few years. Those who can meet the requirements set out by Governments and large companies like airlines, Disney etc will be able to travel, those who don't wont.

Yes it sucks but so does lockdowns and not being allowed further than 5 km from your house for non essential reasons and Police check points and fines for those who did not comply, but hey thats just what we had to do.

It sucked that Americans could come to Europe but we were banned from March 2020 to 8 November 2021, but hey thats what happened.

Travel the way it used to be in 2019 is gone and those who are unvaccinated for whatever reason just have to deal with the consequences.
It is gone for now. I fully expect it to return at some point in the future. But it is subjective and neither of us has a crystal ball and can say definitely what will happen. You will still be at risk from unvaccinated Americans anyway.