Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 5 Jan 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneysid View Post
I’ve been trying to get my parking tag for the past month now. I sent the form and requested scans to the Orange County tax office, then didn’t hear anything for a week. I sent a follow up email to the general enquiries address and got a response from George Woody saying they hadn’t received it. So I sent it all again and added him as a cc. A week later still nothing to even acknowledge receipt, so I sent an email to the lady who helped us get our last one in 2018 to ask if she could help in any way. Still nothing. My trip is in less than 2 weeks now and I’m getting really worried.
I'm so sorry! I had a reply from George Woody a couple of days ago and I've just paid for it today.

Could you try calling them and discussing it over the phone? Use Skype or something if you can as the calls can be costly x

ETA I think you can also apply and collect at the office in Orlando but no idea how long this process takes or if you will have time to do it when you're there x

Edited at 08:15 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneysid
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm so sorry! I had a reply from George Woody a couple of days ago and I've just paid for it today.

Could you try calling them and discussing it over the phone? Use Skype or something if you can as the calls can be costly x

ETA I think you can also apply and collect at the office in Orlando but no idea how long this process takes or if you will have time to do it when you're there x
I’ve just managed to get it sorted out! I still hadn’t heard anything so I used the contact form on the website. Again. This time I got an email straight away asking for the form and supporting proof again. They also said they’d send it to my friend in Celebration as there was no way it was getting here in time. I’ve just called and paid for it and it should be with her by the time my friend needs it to collect me from the airport!
Old 6 Jan 22, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneysid View Post
I’ve just managed to get it sorted out! I still hadn’t heard anything so I used the contact form on the website. Again. This time I got an email straight away asking for the form and supporting proof again. They also said they’d send it to my friend in Celebration as there was no way it was getting here in time. I’ve just called and paid for it and it should be with her by the time my friend needs it to collect me from the airport!
That's amazing I'm so pleased for you! Hope you have a wonderful trip xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 22, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
DeepAK4
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Kelly, Osceola stopped issuing in 2016, it's likely you applied via Orange County Tax Collector office in 2018/19.

To apply for a temp Fl disabled placard, download Form HSMV 83039 from THIS page and follow the 'Out-of-Country Visitors' completion instructions.

NOTE: as a Non-US citizen you need only complete the 4 lines in the very top box section, no Dr's signature required. Where it asks for Florida driving licence or ID card enter NON-US.

Once paid/processed the placard will be mailed to you in Durham
Do you have to apply to the County where your home is or can I use Orange County as linked above. Home is in Osceola
Old 13 Jan 22, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DeepAK4 View Post
Do you have to apply to the County where your home is or can I use Orange County as linked above. Home is in Osceola
Yes, as it's a Fl disability placard you can utilise Orange County online application. My brother owns in Lee County, applying via Orange he avoids queues in the Cape Coral office. He applies 3 weeks pre-travel and receives his placard at his UK home.

Osceola stopped accepting online applications in 2016.
Old 14 Jan 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just an update that our placard arrived earlier this week so we're all set, very quick around 1 week to arrive! X
Old 14 Mar 22, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andythephotodr
New Poster (3)

Hi folks.

I enquired about disabled parking and the email I got back seems to suggest that Florida recognises the UK blue badge without need for a temporary parking tag.
Email below.

Good afternoon,
 Florida recognizes parking permits displaying the international symbol of accessibility that has been issued by any foreign country. You can use your out of country placard and are not required to purchase a temporary placard here.
If you are still wanting to purchase a US Temporary Parking Placard, you will need to be in possession of one from your home country.  Please complete the attached form in the top section only to include your name, signature, travel dates (add under certifying physician), and complete permanent home address (we cannot accept a vacation address as we will mail your documents to your permanent address).  We also require a copy of the applicant's passport and blue card (front & back) or disabled parking permit.  Upon receipt of your documents a processing fee will be assessed in the amount of $17.00 US Dollars, and we will then email you a US telephone number where you can make payment.  Please email your documents to the email address below.  Please do not email us your documents prior to 60 days before your travel date.
Andythephotodr is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 22, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Ignore that...in the parks you may be fine but outside there you may have a problem. Yesterday at Walmart on 27 I saw a visitor arguing the toss about this and they were told to go to nearest tax office and get a temporary badge.
Just get one and be happy you are conforming with the rules
Old 19 Mar 22, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andythephotodr View Post
Hi folks.

I enquired about disabled parking and the email I got back seems to suggest that Florida recognises the UK blue badge without need for a temporary parking tag.
Hi Andy, from my brother/others experiences, a Fl disabled tag may be better. LEOs recognise a Fl placard hanging from the rear view mirror with large internationally recognised wheelchair logo in full view, unlike the harder to view UK blue badge wheelchair logo within a hologram.

Snowbird friend was approached by the island volunteer deputy re her Canadian disability placard as he awaited an official deputy to ticket her vehicle in a disabled bay. After investigations by Lee County Sheriff's Dept staff it was finally agreed she was legally parked. Altho cleared to use her Canadian badge she visited the tax office to acquire a FL disabled tag to avoid a ticket/being towed in other SW Fl areas.

As bro said, $17 for a Fl placard also gives peace of mind knowing he won't accidentally leave his UK badge in Fl.