Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 3 Jan 22, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Which premier inn in Edinburgh?

Will need parking and wondering which is nearest the main attractions on foot?

Thanks x
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would think Market Street is probably your best for location, however this is chargeable parking. Lauriston Place is also chargeable parking but a decent location for walking too. Princes Street too is also very central but chargeable parking also. Depends how long you are staying if this is going to be a factor.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
I would think Market Street is probably your best for location, however this is chargeable parking. Lauriston Place is also chargeable parking but a decent location for walking too. Princes Street too is also very central but chargeable parking also. Depends how long you are staying if this is going to be a factor.
Thanks for this. I am happy to pay for parking (but some of the hotels didn't have the parking symbol on the website.)

I will have another look from your list thanks!

(There are numerous ones in Bristol too but v different areas. I knew someone on the Dibb could help. Appreciate it! :-) ) x
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No probs, Market Street is parking at the Waverley Train Station, the other two are NCP’s so definitely try and work out the cost as parking in town can be a bit of a rip off. Public transport is very good and parking is more plentiful if you move away from the city centre. Appreciate however this is maybe not an option for a short visit.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
No probs, Market Street is parking at the Waverley Train Station, the other two are NCP’s so definitely try and work out the cost as parking in town can be a bit of a rip off. Public transport is very good and parking is more plentiful if you move away from the city centre. Appreciate however this is maybe not an option for a short visit.
Thanks. I am thinking of 3 or 4 nights, so do my sums.
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

York Place is our favourite,no free parking though,but discounted parking at the Omni by the Playhouse.The new Premier Plus rooms are gorgeous.We also loved the Edinburgh Park one,they have free parking and the tram and trains stop is beside the hotel,so still easy to get to the centre,again the Premier Plus are worth the extra.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
York Place is our favourite,no free parking though,but discounted parking at the Omni by the Playhouse.The new Premier Plus rooms are gorgeous.We also loved the Edinburgh Park one,they have free parking and the tram and trains stop is beside the hotel,so still easy to get to the centre,again the Premier Plus are worth the extra.
Good to know! Thanks. x
Old 3 Jan 22, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
I recently stayed here and was upgraded to a premier plus room, great staff too - especially the lady checking all 12 of us into 12 rooms.
Can't comment on parking as we travelled by train

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

We'll be having a family room, so don't think we can upgrade to the lovely Premier Plus rooms. :-(

We have 4 nights clear as part of a 2 week road trip (i can't do the US yet...) As a novice, would you recommend 1 night in Glasgow, 3 in Edinburgh, 2 nights in each, or just stick to Edinburgh and 'do it right'.

I have been to Edinburgh once with my late DM.

Ds and DH has never been to either city.
Old 4 Jan 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

I would go to hermiston gate park and ride there, it’s £1.60 and you can stay 3 nights free, tram and bus services are great in Edinburgh.

We stayed at premier inn hub on royal mile really handy for everything but because a hub rooms very small, but modern and clean.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List