Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 12 Jan 22, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Vloggers - what do people like to see?

I have finally decided to set up a family vlog channel, with all the relevant social media channels (dwanimaniacs - shameless plug). We are 2 adults and 2 DS, currently 4 and 5 months. The social media channels are set up but will be kicking off with first Vlogs in the next 2 weeks.

After 2 years of not doing much like everyone we really are looking to have a good year and have many things booked already..

I just wanted to get an idea on what people liked to see / watch.

Any do’s or don’t’s I should be aware of?

I am thinking at least one vlog per week but may increase as and when we have our holidays throughout the year.

Hoping our channel will be great memories for us but also be useful for families especially travelling during these times…

Any advice would be greatly appreciated… thank you

Edited at 11:40 PM.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Ooooo how exciting !

Not sure about day to day stuff but on holiday for me it’s mostly things like travel days, tips and tricks, using things like Landry cards and things to do/avoid that catch my interest 😊

Good luck I’m sure it will be fab !

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
Ooooo how exciting !

Not sure about day to day stuff but on holiday for me it’s mostly things like travel days, tips and tricks, using things like Landry cards and things to do/avoid that catch my interest 😊

Good luck I’m sure it will be fab !
This is really helpful... Thank you

Travel days are always my favourite.. this for me is one of, if not the most exciting part of any trip.

Majority of the stuff will be holiday related with first one being Center Parcs in February, but will also be vlogging UK days out. We are based in Liverpool and have annual passes for the likes of Chester Zoo, Knowsley Safari park and now also Merlin passes for the year.

Thinking to kick off the channel with an introduction, plans for 2022 and what to expect. Not sure how keen DW will be for this...

Edited at 12:23 AM.
miked1e is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

A natural trip as possible.

Copying other vloggers by going on the same rides, the same restaurants, the same snacks gets a bit samey. Vlog what YOU like to do, if that means not doing a rope drop and not riding the overdone and IMO boring Slinky Dog Dash then do that. If your favourite thing is sitting on Sunset in HS and catching the cavalcade, great. Copying the poses of the 50 golden statues, great.

Watching other people have fun is fun. When we're people watching in the parks we don't watch the miserable people obviously have a crap day, it's the princess all dressed up oblivious to the crowds just skipping along or little Buzz shooting everyone that makes us laugh.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Think about who your audience is.
I tend to make videos for people in my demographic as they are (at least in my head) interested in the same things I am .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Look at the Vloggers you like to watch and do the same but different. What do they do well that you can adapt and make your own?

What makes you / your family stand out / be different to whats out there. What are things you wish other Vloggers showed? When you research your trips what info do you look for but can't find?
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Thank you all so far...

So far:

1. tips and tricks
2. to do / avoid
3. natural trip - do your own thing
4. HAVE FUN
5. think of demographic
6. make family stand out

Above are ordered only in order of post, but a lot makes sense and again really helpful.

The main reason for doing this is for our own memories. I have trips since 2016 which we have 'vlogged' including California, WDW and New York, however have never had the time/drive to edit to put together and have the entire trip vlog. Setting up the channels and a bit of focus this year will mean I can then get things together for 2022 holidays but also maybe previous holidays!

Demographic would be families...

Our holidays have not changed much since having kids and we will always plan similar with the main exception that it is about them now... at least this is the first one which eldest DS is at a great age for it. Was 22 months old when we first took him... he will now be turning 5 when we are out there!

I cannot seem to find too many family vloggers who have similar trips / plans to us, so feel it could be useful for some.

Edited at 10:02 AM.
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Just be yourselves, don't try too hard and just show a family having a good time,I find that is catching,and why I like Knightstrider,no airs and graces,just normal down to earth people enjoying life.
Just be prepared for criticism,people aren't always nice😳
I'll subscribe when you start doing them.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Watch what you film of your kids, they can't give permission to have their lives plastered on the internet and it is a cruel place and once on, it will be on for the rest of their lives. Will they want that when they are old enough?
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Watch what you film of your kids, they can't give permission to have their lives plastered on the internet and it is a cruel place and once on, it will be on for the rest of their lives. Will they want that when they are old enough?
I agree with this. People think its cute to film their kids and put the videos on social media and YouTube, but once something is online its there forever. This generation are the first generation to have no control over their digital footprint.

Think back to how your parents have the photo albums and how they drag them out to show your friends, future SO and how you feel when your mom, minutes after meeting your new SO starts with the photos of you as a toddler doing toddler things.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List