Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 16 Jan 22, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What about Bamburgh Castle area? Just beautiful and super dog friendly for hotels and restaurants and some incredible beach areas, Max would love it!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Fabulous pub in the Yorkshire Dales which is dog friendly. Has accommodation and gorgeous food. Called the Queen's Arms in Litton. Beautiful walks from the pub but can drive to Mallam or the three peaks to walk there
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 01:14 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hire a boat on the Norfolk Broads it's amazingly dog friendly round there. x
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

As a child we used to go to Kielder Water. We did a week at a cottage in Falstone when I was 12 and a fortnight near Bellingham once as well. We used to walk and cycle round the reservoir quite regularly (it was a 3 hour drive for us to get there, but sometimes did day trips.) I don't know what's it's like up there now, but I have fond memories of our trips up there.

On the stay in Falstone, our dog rolled in something and then stunk for the rest of the holiday, so that was "pleasant" haha.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Hire a boat on the Norfolk Broads it's amazingly dog friendly round there. x
I’d be on my own so I’d be too scared of crashing a boat 😂😂😂 I defo want to explore Norfolk though
Old 17 Jan 22, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
As a child we used to go to Kielder Water. We did a week at a cottage in Falstone when I was 12 and a fortnight near Bellingham once as well. We used to walk and cycle round the reservoir quite regularly (it was a 3 hour drive for us to get there, but sometimes did day trips.) I don't know what's it's like up there now, but I have fond memories of our trips up there.

On the stay in Falstone, our dog rolled in something and then stunk for the rest of the holiday, so that was "pleasant" haha.
the cycle track around Kielder is still heavily blocked / diverted after the recent storms...

Used to camping every year in falstone, i have pics of the dam / overflow tower before the lake was filled some where

BTW your dog stinking to high heaven was probably fox poo...
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
The problem with a lot of places is finding a decent charger on the way! As a suggestion, we stayed in a lovely cottage owned by the chatsworth estate at Monsal head, near bakewell in Derbyshire. Walking distance to a great pub, not too far from bakewell or Buxton with great walks, we did a visit to the estate and so on
The reason I’m swaying against Scotland/Norfolk etc this trip is that I had such a stress getting my car charged on the way to Scotland last time. It was a heatwave (unlikely in March I know) and I had the dog with me and I was just in tears trying motorway services after motorway services. I might save further afield for when my husband can drive us in his big Landy.
Funnily enough Chatsworth is on our list for a day trip this Sunday. We do Buxton for the footie as it’s not far from my Dad etc. I’d like something ‘newer’ to me this time, but it’s a great shout Thankyou x
Old 17 Jan 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
I’d be on my own so I’d be too scared of crashing a boat 😂😂😂 I defo want to explore Norfolk though
There's a nice beach at Huntstanton that allows dogs.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by VeryexcitedH View Post
Fabulous pub in the Yorkshire Dales which is dog friendly. Has accommodation and gorgeous food. Called the Queen's Arms in Litton. Beautiful walks from the pub but can drive to Mallam or the three peaks to walk there
Sounds lovely! Will google now!
Old 17 Jan 22, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What about Bamburgh Castle area? Just beautiful and super dog friendly for hotels and restaurants and some incredible beach areas, Max would love it!
We’re going to Alnwick over Easter together (with Max)! I re-read your trip report just this week and have booked lunch at the Potted Lobster.
Think we also have a boat trip from Seahouses, Bamburgh castle, Warkworth castle and Holy Island on our list xx I am so excited