Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Jan 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

So lonley

I live in London and as many of you no my husband passed away on the 29th November, we done everything together and I feel so isolated. I’m wondering if anyone now any groups in London eg Theatre groups or social activities I could join. I have looked in my area and there a gardening group or exercise group which I’m not very keen on. I sit in my room and just get so upset, me and my husband did everything together . It’s so painful and hard when you loose your soul mate and also the lonley evenings are awful. Thanks for any help.
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I'm sorry to hear about your loneliness.

Do you have a church nearby? Not for the religious side but they often have social groups.

Do you work? Can you try voluntary work?

My mum is on her own after suddenly losing dad in 2019. She tried to fill her weeks with friends on a rota, the food bank, and a church social. She was newly retired waiting for him to retire to spend their years together but unfortunately it didn't work out that way.

There's lots of places that need volunteers. Maybe look into something you're interested in. Not only would you be helping others but meeting like minded people.

I'm not sure how old you are/interests but how about a gym or exercise class too?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

Hopefully someone who lives in the area can offer some help. Are there any community centres nearby you could visit and see what’s on ?
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I don't have any advice on groups etc but just wanted you to know that you are not alone. My dad died suddenly in May and my mum is feeling exactly like you do. She feels empty and alone even though I am doing everything I can to look after her. Its obviously not the same as having my dad with her.
Its incredibly early days for you and things will get better a little at a time. But for now I just want to send you a big hug. ❤❤

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I’m 59 and there is a church local to me I could try. It’s just hard in the evenings where we would chat so much, I think I’m worse today as I got my husbands ashes from my daughter.
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Charity work is a good one Margaret, you'll meet so many like minded people, and it will help you emotionally, speaking from my MIL's experience, it helped her immensely and she made so many new friends too 😘
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Sorry to hear this Margaret ❤️
If I was you I’d contact your local Council, they will know if they are activities or schemes to help keep you busy & meet others
Take care x

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Are there any Council evening classes in your area. We have Adult Education classes from craft classes, languages, music, yoga - dozens of subjects with people of all ages attending.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Volunteering would allow you to meet lots of people. Take care of yourself xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Have a look at meetup online - there are lots of groups for all kinds of interests in your local area
Not the same I know, but when I separated from my ex I joined several groups to get me out of the house in an evening x

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List