Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 21 Jan 22, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Am following your thread, OP. We are off next Sunday for a trip which we had booked for March 2020...the hotels were really kind to give us credit on our bookings. So making a note of all the ideas.

On our last day the Game of Thrones Studio is opening. gameofthronesstudiotour/

Might be a bit chaotic but we have booked that for 4th.

Hope you have a great time.
Old 22 Jan 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

Our usual ice hockey schedule involves plenty of pubs with a bit of sightseeing thrown in (it’s been a few years though, last time went Rockys was still open!) We really enjoyed the Crumlin road prison tour and also the open top bus tour although I’ve heard really good things about the black taxi tours too so think we will try that next time. The titanic experience sounds great- we’ve somehow never made it but I’d definitely be booking time in for that.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I highly recommend the HoHo bus tour, it takes you to places you would never get to

Titanic museum is fab as well
Old 24 Jan 22, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
yehacantwait
Excited about Disney

Stay home. Best advice I can give, trust me I live here
yehacantwait is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 22, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
I highly recommend the HoHo bus tour, it takes you to places you would never get to

Titanic museum is fab as well
Ooh I’ll take a look
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

We go in a few weeks time and have booked Giants Causeway, Black Cab tours and Titanic museum. May try do Crumlin rd time dependent. Planning on a few beers too so if anyone has recommendations for Bars that would be great!
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 22, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brennanhough View Post
We go in a few weeks time and have booked Giants Causeway, Black Cab tours and Titanic museum. May try do Crumlin rd time dependent. Planning on a few beers too so if anyone has recommendations for Bars that would be great!
I enjoyed Giants Causeway, I went a couple of times in the 00's. The 2nd time I was with mum and hired a car for the day drove up there and also went to Bushmills, then took the scenic coastal route back to Belfast.

We haven't got the time to do that on this trip, but might do the Black Cab tour as my mum's birthday present.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

We are back from our stay. We had a great time. A lovely stay in the Galgorm spa with the taster menu in the River Room. Everyone was so friendly. The Game of Thrones studio tour was a nice couple of hours, but you’d need to be something of a fan to get anything out if it.

The HOHO bus was only running every hour and a half as we were out of season. This was not advertised anywhere so we spent a very blowy 40 mins freezing our bums off waiting for it outside of the PI Titanic Quarter (V good stay there. Two nights: one at £39 and one at £29!). I rang for assistance and it was a worldwide number, the helper being in Asia!

We had a great meal in a Himalayan, Nepalese and Indian restaurant (catchy name! 5 stars on trip advisor.)

Titanic Museum was v good, 2-3 hours visit.

The pubs were so warm and friendly. Uber drivers were just fantastic, I have never tipped so much for Uber.

We will definitely head back at some stage and see more of the countryside and the coast. We did hire a car at the end of our stay, but the weather was wild. I think we’d have been blown out to sea.

Our third hotel was the Fitzwilliam. We had room credit here and at the Galgorm from a cancelled March 2020 trip. I liked it here well enough, but prices were extortionate. There’s a reasonable wine list on their website, but when we sat down to dinner in the hotel restaurant (included for one night as part of our room rate) the cheapest bottle of white wine was £58. DH had a pint I stuck with tap water that night.

Def hope to return in the future and maybe do a bit of a road trip. X
Old 13 Feb 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
We are back from our stay. We had a great time. A lovely stay in the Galgorm spa with the taster menu in the River Room. Everyone was so friendly. The Game of Thrones studio tour was a nice couple of hours, but you’d need to be something of a fan to get anything out if it.

The HOHO bus was only running every hour and a half as we were out of season. This was not advertised anywhere so we spent a very blowy 40 mins freezing our bums off waiting for it outside of the PI Titanic Quarter (V good stay there. Two nights: one at £39 and one at £29!). I rang for assistance and it was a worldwide number, the helper being in Asia!

We had a great meal in a Himalayan, Nepalese and Indian restaurant (catchy name! 5 stars on trip advisor.)

Titanic Museum was v good, 2-3 hours visit.

The pubs were so warm and friendly. Uber drivers were just fantastic, I have never tipped so much for Uber.

We will definitely head back at some stage and see more of the countryside and the coast. We did hire a car at the end of our stay, but the weather was wild. I think we’d have been blown out to sea.

Our third hotel was the Fitzwilliam. We had room credit here and at the Galgorm from a cancelled March 2020 trip. I liked it here well enough, but prices were extortionate. There’s a reasonable wine list on their website, but when we sat down to dinner in the hotel restaurant (included for one night as part of our room rate) the cheapest bottle of white wine was £58. DH had a pint I stuck with tap water that night.

Def hope to return in the future and maybe do a bit of a road trip. X
Sounds amazing, and if there’s a tour from outside the Premier Inn even better as we’re staying there, but it’s costing us much more than you paid, £195 for 2 nights but that’s because we’re going for the hockey and so are a couple hundred others.
2026 - maybe...
Old 13 Feb 22, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
Sounds amazing, and if there’s a tour from outside the Premier Inn even better as we’re staying there, but it’s costing us much more than you paid, £195 for 2 nights but that’s because we’re going for the hockey and so are a couple hundred others.
You will be SO handy for the ice hockey! HOHO bus stop is literally just out the front door of the hotel. It is stop no. 3 on the route, to be exact. Have a great time and I hope your team wins!