Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jan 22, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gclark08
Earning My Ears

Glasgow - Orlando Flight Help

We are planning a visit to Florida this summer, and looking to book flights asap.

Group of 10 (6 adults, 4 children <10). Flying out 30th June, looking to return 19th July.

We are based in Glasgow and have looked at different options due to the lack of direct flights from Scotland. We initially planned on going BA (as flown with them several times for Orlando visits), but all of their flights require a change of airport in London (Heathrow - Gatwick) - keen to avoid this!

So other options we’ve looked at are:
Edinburgh-Heathrow-Orlando via virgin Atlantic (BA domestic flight, virgin transatlantic). Approx £7020 total with luggage. Issue with this option is a long stopover at Heathrow (6hr40) on return flight.

Manchester-Orlando. Aer Lingus flight British airways website. Coming in approx £6850 total with luggage. Seems a more sensible option than having to traipse through London with 4 kids and hand luggage! Phoned BA today to make a group booking but they can’t because it’s an Aer Lingus flight! Aer lingus is working out a litter dearer hence why wanted to book via BA.

So really what I’m asking is…

Any other alternative options than above?

If we decide to book the Aer Lingus flight via BA - do we chance doing 2 separate bookings on different computers and hope they go through at the same price?!

Any help would be much appreciated :-)
gclark08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Not really an answer to your question, but we are booked GLA - GTW - MCO in April with BA. Does anyone know is the Gatwick flight no longer going from Glasgow? I checked and nothing showing now when try to search.

We've always done indirect from Scotland, it's so much cheaper and really not as much hassle as you'd think! Edited to say, I don't have 4 kids so can see why you may want to avoid indirect!

Edited at 03:53 PM.
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
How about travelling down the night before , do your airport change and stay in an airport Hotel at Gatwick and then you've only got the 1 flight the next day ?
Old 25 Jan 22, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sneeks85 View Post
Not really an answer to your question, but we are booked GLA - GTW - MCO in April with BA. Does anyone know is the Gatwick flight no longer going from Glasgow? I checked and nothing showing now when try to search.

We've always done indirect from Scotland, it's so much cheaper and really not as much hassle as you'd think! Edited to say, I don't have 4 kids so can see why you may want to avoid indirect!
I booked last week for June Gla-Lgw-mco so was still available last week
Old 25 Jan 22, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Something else we've done in the past is indirect via Newark from Edinburgh on United. That works well as you're through customs already by time get to MCO. Plenty airport hotels with shuttles if want to stay overnight in Newark and get an early flight the next day, as you're up with jetlag anyway!
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I just tried searching on BA for your dates and can see GLA-LGW-MCO available...

ETA: If you're searching on holidays rather than flight only, you may have to go to the "choose alternative flights" option as they do like to lead with the GLA-LHR flights but GLA-LGW should be on the full list.

Edited at 04:38 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by fefifoe View Post
I booked last week for June Gla-Lgw-mco so was still available last week
Couldn't see any upcoming flights for rest Jan etc which made me concerned that they are getting cancelled 🤔 Hopefully just full!
Old 25 Jan 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Have you looked at the direct Virgin flights from Edinburgh or Manchester.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 22, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sneeks85 View Post
Couldn't see any upcoming flights for rest Jan etc which made me concerned that they are getting cancelled 🤔 Hopefully just full!
You had me panicking there ! Seems they start in March

theguardian/business...-flights-march
Old 25 Jan 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

We’re flying BA this week, GLW-LHR-MCO & the same return route and in Nov GLW-LGW-MCO so I’d play around with combinations/different flights as a change of London airport shouldn’t be required. Will probably be the cheapest option though.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List