Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jan 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Thankfully he doesn't have any symptoms at all. We'll do our best to distance but it's incredibly hard when he's only 10. It also seems like madness that I still have to send his twin to school where DS1 is likely to have caught it from in the first place but hey ho.
I would maybe say he was ill with something else
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Thankfully he doesn't have any symptoms at all. We'll do our best to distance but it's incredibly hard when he's only 10. It also seems like madness that I still have to send his twin to school where DS1 is likely to have caught it from in the first place but hey ho.
I wouldn't be sending him in this case, however with a covid positive at home already where is he most at risk 🤔😬

Fingers crossed for you all!
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

My 9 year old GS was negative by day 6, and back to school this week. Neither of his parents caught it.
Fingers crossed this all goes the way you want and need it to.

I agree about keeping his twin at home!
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Hi Loola,

So sorry to hear of this, it’s such a concern for us all waiting to get the all clear to go just now.

Just a few a things to hopefully help you and maybe ease your mind.

1) I’m a teacher. I’ve *never* personally experienced a kid having Covid for longer than that week-10 day time frame, and I’ve seen a LOT of kids with it. Granted, I believe it’s possible, but I’ve never ever seen it. I feel pretty confident son 1 will be recovered by the time you travel, especially if asymptomatic. And, as another poster says, you have the “Covid recovery” route for him anyway.

2) I had two members of my household with Covid over Christmas. I’m immunosuppressed, I hugged one of them on her most infectious day (unbeknownst to me!), and I still didn’t catch it.

3) That said, there is lots you can do to try and keep transition risk to a minimum. I personally would be keeping son 2 out of school if it’s rife there. Or, if he goes in and is comfortable doing so (hard with kids - especially boys - and their peers) could he be up for wearing a good face covering (maybe FFP2) until the departure date, if it means he will be more likely to keep safe and be able to go on holiday? At age 10 this is a convo and responsibility that he will be ready and mature enough to take on, I would think, although of course I don’t know your boys. At home, you could consider all of you wearing FFP2s if you need to all be near each other, and get those windows open! Super careful hygiene, and maybe a wee HEPA filter Amazon purchase might be a good investment, too, for any space that is very communal. We happened to have one from my partner’s work and we really think that helped us all not catch it over Christmas.

4) Don’t panic! Better he tested positive now than in a week’s time. You got this 😘

Big hugs! CL 💜

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by CuteLioness View Post
Hi Loola,

So sorry to hear of this, it’s such a concern for us all waiting to get the all clear to go just now.

Just a few a things to hopefully help you and maybe ease your mind.

1) I’m a teacher. I’ve *never* personally experienced a kid having Covid for longer than that week-10 day time frame, and I’ve seen a LOT of kids with it. Granted, I believe it’s possible, but I’ve never ever seen it. I feel pretty confident son 1 will be recovered by the time you travel, especially if asymptomatic. And, as another poster says, you have the “Covid recovery” route for him anyway.

2) I had two members of my household with Covid over Christmas. I’m immunosuppressed, I hugged one of them on her most infectious day (unbeknownst to me!), and I still didn’t catch it.

3) That said, there is lots you can do to try and keep transition risk to a minimum. I personally would be keeping son 2 out of school if it’s rife there. Or, if he goes in and is comfortable doing so (hard with kids - especially boys - and their peers) could he be up for wearing a good face covering (maybe FFP2) until the departure date, if it means he will be more likely to keep safe and be able to go on holiday? At age 10 this is a convo and responsibility that he will be ready and mature enough to take on, I would think, although of course I don’t know your boys. At home, you could consider all of you wearing FFP2s if you need to all be near each other, and get those windows open! Super careful hygiene, and maybe a wee HEPA filter Amazon purchase might be a good investment, too, for any space that is very communal. We happened to have one from my partner’s work and we really think that helped us all not catch it over Christmas.

4) Don’t panic! Better he tested positive now than in a week’s time. You got this 😘

Big hugs! CL 💜
Ooooh, one more thing - bit cheeky, but if you want to lower the odds of positive tests before you travel, be sure that your pre departure tests are LFT (rapid antigen tests) and not PCR. LFTs are less sensitive than PCRs so less likely to pick up the virus. This is not really the most responsible thing to do but thought it worth mentioning. One of my family members tested positive on his PCR over Christmas - his LFTs stayed negative for days, only briefly going faintly positive six days after the positive PCR.

Have a wonderful holiday 💜

International Palms Feb 2014 RPR/AKL/GF Dec 2016/Jan 2017 DLP NBC Oct 2017 GF Feb 2018 Villa Oct 2019 DL Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Feb 2020 Crowne Plaza/AKL Apr 2022
CuteLioness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

hey, this is so frustrating !
if it helps , i had covid over xmas and while my son got it , my husband and daughter didn’t .
also my sister got it , but her son and partner didn’t , weirdly whenever my friends have had it , only 50% of the household have got it !
my mother in law didn’t get it when father in law had it .
so there’s hope ! lots of hope !

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Also .. asymptomatic people are thought to be not as infectious as those with symptoms, according to a few scientists

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
CuteLioness
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Enchanted-nadi View Post
Also .. asymptomatic people are thought to be not as infectious as those with symptoms, according to a few scientists
Yes, this! Definitely the case.

Old 26 Jan 22, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Both tests this morning completely negative! One nose and throat and one (different brand) nose only. I’m flummoxed!
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Mobile

These were last night’s ones:
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List