Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jan 22, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Definately ask gp about endometriosis. I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed when I was 14 due to this.

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvie
Earning More Ears

Mefenamic Acid worked wonders for me as an older person. She can take that from the age of fourteen.

When I was seventeen I was put on the Pill for three months and that worked, painless periods. I'm going back decades here.

I wish her the best, every month absolute hell.

Edited at 01:46 PM.
Silvie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My daughter is 17 and had painful heavy periods for years. She was sent for an ultrasound that was clear and had numerous blood tests that didn’t show anything.

She was prescribed mefanamic acid which sometimes work but spaces her out and then put on the pill. She has now come of the pill as she bleed continuously for 6 months and had period pain daily.

The dr wants to see if they will settle down bit won’t do anymore at the moment. It’s very frustrating for her. Bless her she just gets on with it but she shouldn’t have too.

Edited at 01:57 PM.
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Really feel for your daughter. I suffered horrendous period pain and could barely walk with the pain in my legs. I went to the gp when I was 16 and he gave me Ponstan but it only seemed to work if I knew my period was starting which more often than not I didn’t. When I went on the pill I thought I was in heaven with absolutely no pain whatsoever. It took having 2 children before my periods were pain free without taking the pill.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Ponstan or mefanimic acid (same thing) was prescribed to me from about 12 as I was very heavy. They really work.

I'm so anaemic now (and told I'm too old for the pill - I'm 45) that I have had to have the coil fitted as just before menopause my period got really heavy again.

After having my children my periods were loads better for about 10 years.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

Thankyou all so much for sharing your experiences it's just horrible what we go through every month. I have luckily got an appointment with the GP this afternoon so fingers crossed🤞
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by linder View Post
My daughter had really bad periods she was really poorly at times and would faint and have hormonal migraine. We tried all kinds of pain relief and other things which did no good the doctor put her on the pill and she was so much better and got to enjoy the teen years more
Our DD has had years of similar symptoms and has finally been prescribed the pill a couple of months ago - can’t remember which one but really hoping it helps her. Suffered myself as a teen and wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishtogoback
Excited about Disney

There are other options than the contraceptive pill…do talk to your gp who will advise what is best, don’t let them fob you off either.
Wishtogoback is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Yes, been there with my daughter.
She was prescribed the mini pill and even codeine as things were so bad.
Long story short, after years of pain and heavy periods with nothing helping very much, she was finally sent for scans and diagnosed with Endometriosis.
It’s quite bad, she’s now 21 and been waiting 18 months or so to be referred for treatment.
Every time she speaks to the hospital she’s told she’s on the waitlist and ‘you know - Covid’ 🙄 😞

So, do get her checked out as my daughter is so upset that they didn’t take her seriously for so long. She would have been treated long ago if they had.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

GP was very sympathetic and we have agreed to try menfenamic acid to start with and see how she gets on. Such a relief..
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List