Mike & Jasmine take Florida *September 2015* - Pre-trippie

Updates:

28/5 Double Digit Dancing
17/6 Totally Organised Tuesday
7/7 60 Days to go
21/7 AA tickets and general rambling
4/8 30 Days to go

Hey!

After reading so many of your trip reports, & enjoying the wonderful stories of your holidays - this is our turn! Please be kind, this is my first trip report eek!

The Cast:

So Hi, I’m Jasmine – 22.
Author of this report, holiday enthusiast & everything planner

I’m a huge lover of holidays, sunshine and theme parks! I love planning, so this holiday is pretty perfect for me. I’m a lover of cheesy music, American sitcoms & musicals.

The Jungle Book was my first ever Disney film I fell in love with – I still have the VHS! Fast forward a few years, my Mum caught me crying whilst watching Toy Story (the part where Buzz jumps off the landing and misses). That film holds a dear place in my heart.

I’ve been lucky enough to go to Florida 4 times now, and have such fond memories of those holidays with my family. We still laugh about them to this day.

That’s Mike, my better half – 22.

HUGE HUGE HUGE Basketball lover – plays, watches and coaches. He was also born in the wrong country, and definitely should have been an American. So for him, this is going “home”, for huge portions of food, amazing steaks & ribs, & sunshine.

Mike isn’t a huge lover of Disney itself, but enjoys theme parks. I don’t think he knows what he’s got himself into going to Disney with me (I instinctively just want to skip around with Minnie Mouse ears on) – but we have such fun wherever we go, that we’ll just be enjoying the time together.

The only rides he doesn’t like are drop rides, which is ok by me. The only one we do have to conquer together is TOT, because the theming creeps me out & could never do it alone *eek*.

A little bit about us & how the holiday came about:

We’ve been together for 6 years now (woweee, that seems like a long time) after meeting and dating in our last year at secondary school. We went to college together, and both decided against Uni to instead go to work. We both work in London, I as a Billing Clerk for a Law Firm and Mike as a Recruitment Consultant.

This will be our seventh holiday together, as we’ve been lucky enough to have some wonderful holidays.

We’ve both been to Florida before with our families when we we’re younger, but somehow the idea of going came around last year. I think the seed was planted after Mike went to Miami with the guys last April, and I was super jealous to see pictures of them at DTD on their last day waiting to fly home from MCO. Once it was mentioned to Mike & he seemed interested, I was hooked on the idea of returning to Florida. After some extensive research, and some persuasion for Mike to part with his hard earned cash, one Saturday we popped into Thomson’s and booked it there and then.

We spoke about hiring a car and paying the U25 surcharge, but thought against it – as this could be the only time we can enjoy a few drinks together. It will be nice to not have to drive, so we are relying on Disney Transport and taxi’s.

Neither of us has stayed on Disney before either, so it’s very exciting.

Holiday deets:

We ended up booking with Thomson due to the fact they were offering the overall holiday for a lot cheaper than Virgin were. We also wanted to go PE, as Mike is over 6” so he needed the leg room & I’m not a fantastic flyer, and felt much better last year when I flew PE.

So, we have booked 14 nights at Disney Coronado Springs resort, PE flights from Gatwick with 14 day Disney tickets with QSDDP and transfers. So excited!

Things to do:

Universal tickets (we’re unsure whether to stay one night at the Hard Rock Hotel for a treat)
Overnight hotel at Gatwick
Shopping (lots of it)! & serious outfit planning!
ESTA’s
Travel insurance
Change up money
Choose plane seats
Fast passes
Download the new OITNB S3 on my iPad for the aeroplane.
& stop daydreaming about being on holiday!

Thank you for reading! X

Edited at 12:00 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 15, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniemou
Excited about Disney

Fab Looking forward to more!
Old 23 Feb 15, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Good start. Looking forward to the updates.
Old 23 Feb 15, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Oooh we'll be there at the same time! Laughing my head off at the thoughts of watching oitnb in public, defo need earphones for that one Looking forward to hearing more x
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for sharing your pre trippy , I look forward to reading more about your adventures real soon

Edited at 01:07 PM.
simbamad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 15, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
skye00
Serious Dibber

ohhh we will be there same time also xx
skye00 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 15, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
hopex
Trainee Dibber

We'll be there at the same time. The Jungle Book was also the first Disney film i fell in love with, and no. 1 on my boyfriends list is the Outback Steakhouse! It sounds like we might have similar things on our To Do list! Can't wait to hear more :-)
Old 4 Mar 15, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you Chelsea, Pandanne & Simbamad! X
Old 4 Mar 15, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
Oooh we'll be there at the same time! Laughing my head off at the thoughts of watching oitnb in public, defo need earphones for that one Looking forward to hearing more x
Haha - I'll definitely be having the window seat to watch OITNB! I've watched a few episodes on the train before & if anyone glances over my shoulder, I'm sure they'd be more than red faced hehe. Looking forward to reading your trippies! X
Old 4 Mar 15, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by skye00 View Post
ohhh we will be there same time also xx
Ooh, I can't wait! It will fly around X