Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 May 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hyper_Stitch View Post
Shareholders that meet the criteria will as part of the deal, that's how I read it.

Sadly for me I don't, only have 100 and member from 2007 so need to try to get one last visit before my card expires!
How don't you meet the criteria? It was 100 shares and open to shareholder club current members.

Regardless of whether the deal happens, they have promised to give SHC benefits for the next 10 years - after that, if the buy out doesn't go ahead, I'm sure the SHC will be disbanded anyway or they'd increase the shares required. If you keep shares then they will be diluted when they have to refinance (presuming the buy out doesn't happen). That could mean 100 shares suddenly becomes 1 share.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lovewdw View Post
I'd wait until your contacted, if you sell now you will be charged a dealing fee by Halifax.
The advice is not to wait as some people last time did not get contacted by their brokers.

If you want to sell then you should contact your broker.

However, the dealing fee is a moot point as, if you sell in the certified manner they are asking you to, then your fees will be refunded up to €100 by TWDC anyway. Not sure how quick the refund will be though.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink75 View Post
How don't you meet the criteria? It was 100 shares and open to shareholder club current members.

Regardless of whether the deal happens, they have promised to give SHC benefits for the next 10 years - after that, if the buy out doesn't go ahead, I'm sure the SHC will be disbanded anyway or they'd increase the shares required. If you keep shares then they will be diluted when they have to refinance (presuming the buy out doesn't happen). That could mean 100 shares suddenly becomes 1 share.
On the documents from yesterday it had a section on criteria saying something about having 1000 shares as per 2016 requirements or being a member pre 2005.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneypls View Post
I've only got 21 shares how do I sell via Halifax
Halifax have contacted me today about the offer so log into your account for the notification.
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

I am finding myself somewhat torn. I never purchased the shares to make money and had almost written it off in my mind. I am now in a position where if I accept the tender I will be in profit and have no fees to pay yet part of me is thinking to hold on and see what happens. Does anyone feel the same or am I being foolish?
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Den View Post
Halifax have contacted me today about the offer so log into your account for the notification.
Thanks for this info - Halifax didn't contact me but I logged in & the tender offer was waiting for me under corporate actions!

I have 230 shares to tender so will end up with a tiny bit of profit obviously I didn't buy them for that purpose but I think it will be better for the park if the full buy out goes through.

I won't be happy if they don't let me keep my benefits for 10 years though! It certainly sounded like I would be OK as I currently hold a valid membership card. Where is the info that says you must hold 1000 shares?

Edited to add this direct quote from the official fact page which doesn't mention a minimum amount of shares:

'All the registered Shareholders Club members will see their benefits maintained for a period of 10 years, even if Euro Disney is delisted from the Euronext stock exchange following the tender offer and the potential mandatory buy-out.'

Edited at 07:26 PM.
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We are thinking of using the money at DLP (maybe some for that lovely 25th anniversary book that's €40 or so!) so it would feel like we're still supporting DLP.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hyper_Stitch View Post
On the documents from yesterday it had a section on criteria saying something about having 1000 shares as per 2016 requirements or being a member pre 2005.
As long as you are a current SHC member, you are eligible. So you are eligible to remain for 10 years.

I see someone further up has clarified this too 👍🏻.

ETA - I have received an email from Halifax to log into my account. Haven't done so yet but know it will be the offer. However, as I said earlier, don't wait for a broker if you wish to sell - last time, prior to share dilution, some people weren't contacted and missed out.

Edited at 08:04 PM.
Old 13 May 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Imagineer

I have elected to tender, my balancing payment on WDW is due in the middle of June and the payment for the shares is due at roughly the same time so in a way the money will be going back to Disney. I feel a little sad as it was nice to own a share of a place that I love so much. Just hope the Euro rate stays favourable until then.
Old 15 May 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I only have 21 shares too so not worth paying a dealing fee to Halifax... are they likely to offer a free dealing, do you think? Or if it becomes compulsory, would that be without a fee?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List