Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jul 09, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post

From allears..

Seasonal Pricing Returns May 24 - July 12, 2009 at these locations: 1900 Park Fare, Akershus, Biergarten, Boma, Cape May Café, Chef Mickey’s, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner only), ‘Ohana, Trails End, Tusker House. Prices will increase $4 for ages 10 and above and $2 for those 3-9.
So thats an extra 12 dollars for a family of 4 to eat , simply because they ate during the seasonal windows , I ate at Tusker House end of June , again my choice , but I resist the urge to slam those pesky money men , I mean what are they thinking ? trying to squeeze out some extra bucks , they must have been hanging out with those villains over at Universal! :pop:
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 09, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
For example some people choose to spend their hard-earned on fags and booze. I don't drink or smoke, the money I save from that gets me in front of you on a ride but I wouldn't whinge about you drinking and smoking etc etc

Hallelujah ! , I second that opinion !
Old 27 Jul 09, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post

My blood boils every time I go to Universal. I just feel sooo ripped off.
Somehow I just don't feel that with Disney- maybe it just isn't so obvious.
But like someone said way back when, I go early - do all the really popular rides first and then chance it.

I won't be buying any express passes!

Judith
Old 27 Jul 09, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mickeypops View Post
We've just retunred from our 3rd trip to Orlando and had a great time.

The only part of the trip that really annoys me is the Univeral / IOA Express Plus ticket system.

We made three trips to these parks, getting there first thing to do some of the most popular rides first thing - this works quite well.

However, by mid morning the queues for all the popular rides was 40 minutes minimum and most went over the 60 minutes mark, up to 120 minutes for some. At this point there's no way you can get value for money for your ticket and you simply are not going to get on the attractions on your list.

So, Universal's solution to this over-crowding is to encourage you at every available opportunity around the park to purchase their Express Plus tikcet. This is going to cost you another $30 - $50 per person on top of your regular ticket price.

So, by this time, you'll see two separate queues for the rides - one for normal punters and one for Express Plus holders. On all the rides I saw, the Express Plus people were taking half the capacity of the ride, making the queueing time for regular ticket holders much, much worse - encouraging more and more people to shell out extra money for the EP passes.

In my opinion, a service that allows you to buy an (expensive) ticket in good faith, but then operates a system that makes it practically impossible for you to get anything like the full benefit of that ticket UNLESS you shell out even more money (making the plight of the regular people even worse in the process) is a very shoddy customer practice indeed. I can't think of any other business model that would allow it. Can you imagine if Tesco permitted you to go to the front of the checkout queue if you pay an extra fiver? Or similar at petrol stations if you paid an extra 20p per litre? There would be riots - but this is exactly what Universal are doing.

In contrast, Disney's Fastpass system is open and fair to all and it works brilliantly. Universal could and should do the same, but instead some genuis decided that they would rake in millions of extra profit by making people pay again for what they've already paid for.

Anyone agree / disagree?
Plan your day better!

I managed 2xHulk, 2x Dr Doom, Spiderman, Bilge Rat Barge, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park, Duelling Dragons Ice and Blue in that order before 10.30 on a saturday morning.

the only queue was 5 minutes for the Dragons

This was by far the easiest park to completely do everything worth doing before lunch.
Old 27 Jul 09, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by pwoody View Post
Plan your day better!

I managed 2xHulk, 2x Dr Doom, Spiderman, Bilge Rat Barge, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park, Duelling Dragons Ice and Blue in that order before 10.30 on a saturday morning.

the only queue was 5 minutes for the Dragons

This was by far the easiest park to completely do everything worth doing before lunch.
Thats good going! What time of the year did you go? I'm going in Sept so hope the queues are quiet if i get to the park at opening time
Old 27 Jul 09, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post

June 27th... i would definetely not advise getting there for opening time, instead get there approx 30 minutes before opening, that way you are at the front of the queue to go in.
Old 27 Jul 09, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Stoner
Earning My Ears

We stayed at The Hard Rock, so had the express passes which was great.. BUT, Universal seem to sell unlimited express passes including ones which can be used over and over again.

This meant that in some cases the express q was taking up to 30 mins to get on for some rides MIB and Simpsons being 2 examples.

Although queue times in general at all the parks varied depending on whether you happened to join the q just after one of the thousands of Brazillian tour parties did :angry:
Stoner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 09, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lindylou2_2002
Imagineer

lindylou2_2002's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
THe english theme parks do something similer. Where you can buy a queuebot at legoland and virtually queue coming back at a specified time. Alton tower and thorpe park also do some thing similer for all there big rides dont think it just universal.

Sept 2001 Westridge,
Sept 2004 Hampton Lakes,
May 2006 West Stonebridge
Aug 2009 Silver Creek
July30-Aug7 2010 DCL Med Repo Cruise
Aug 2011 DLC Magic Med Cruise
Aug 2012 New York trip + a little DCL Disney MAGIC
August 2013 Villa plus cruise
Oct 2013 Reimagined Magic 5 day cruise
DLP Too many visits to count.
lindylou2_2002 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 09, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
We stayed at The Hard Rock, so had the express passes which was great.. BUT, Universal seem to sell unlimited express passes including ones which can be used over and over again.
Yes, there is an unlimited use Express pass but they are hugely expensive, I seem to remember them being $169 each ? Again I might be wrong on that price

edit, they are $159 but include park entrance, the usual park entrance is $73

Edited at 05:01 PM.
Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 09, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread