Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 12, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Which Airport is best to fly to - to get to eurostar !

Hi

I wonder if any locals can help me - I don't know London at all but I would like to try out the Eurostar - Im currently looking at flights into London to traval via Eurostar to Disney !

I don't know which airport is closest to the Eurostar?

How long does it take to get to the Eurostar station?

What is the best method of transfer from airport to station.

Many thanks in advance !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 12, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

The Eurostar departs from St Pancras station and calls at Ebbsfleet and Ashford before entering the tunnel.

The closest airport is probably Luton which has a railway station on the line into St Pancras. Alternatively if you went to Gatwick, you could use the Gatwick Express into Victoria, or to Heathrow and use the Heathrow Express into Paddington. Then use either the underground or a taxi to St Pancras.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 12, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

We are coming from Ireland therefore don't really know the tube etc? How long roughly would it take to get from Airport to the eurostar station, just as some flights are not in until late etc? Many thanks for response!
Old 17 Mar 12, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

If you are flying for Ireland, presumably it would be to Gatwick or Heathrow? I'm not familiar with the trains from there, but their websites show they both run trains every 15 minutes. The Gatwick journey takes 30 minutes and Heathrow 15. If you are not familiar with the underground, maybe taxi would be best.

You need to be at the Eurostar at least 30 minutes before departure, so taking into account getting from the airport arrival date to the train station, and getting a taxi in London etc. I would suggest you need a minimum of 3 hours between your flight arrival and Eurostar departure times.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 12, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

yes i was just thinking that as well johnb - are there any flights from your local airport in Ireland which would get you into any of the appropriate London airports by 7am? (the direct Eurostar leaves St Pancras just after 10am doesn't it?).

Edited at 03:52 PM.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 12, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
If you can stay over a night and see some of London that would be easier for you.

Or you could fly to Heathrow and get the Piccadilly Line right across to King's Cross St Pancras. Would take you about 45 min with no need to change anywhere.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 12, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I think it's 45 min before the train that you need to check in, so you want plenty of time to get to St Pancras.

Taxi from either Gatwick or Heathrow would be a phenomenal cost!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 12, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I think it's 45 min before the train that you need to check in, so you want plenty of time to get to St Pancras.

Taxi from either Gatwick or Heathrow would be a phenomenal cost!
Gill - it says 30 minutes here.

Actually, I was only suggesting a taxi from the mainline railway station to St Pancras, as the OP said she was not familiar with the undergound (post no 2).
Old 17 Mar 12, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for replys - I think the picadilly route would be best - but just trying to get in b4 7am might be the prob - i'd happily stay overnight tho - if you have any recommendations? Thanks

We'd still be saving or at least having a better trip going this route as the flights from Ireland are all around £600min before taking into account transfers - so all in this could still be the nicest and best option for us ! Its the times the Eurostar arrive and leave that are so appealing and the fact that its straight into the disneyland station ! IYKWIM x
Old 18 Mar 12, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

City of London airport is often cheaper to fly into and is about 30 minutes to St Pancras by DLR and tube.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread