Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 14, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Reply from Disney regarding Fastpass Disgust

Just received reply from Disney regarding my 'rant' about the 'failings' of 'their WONDERFUL (sic) new FASTPASS+ system. As expected it was the standard thanks for your views, comments ect & we will pass it on. So only 10 days holiday to go without getting on any of the newbies (without waiting in line behind all the computer geeks for 3 hours). Anyone out there can tell me what the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is like?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Well from a computer geek I would tell you it wasn't up to much so you haven't missed anything!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Originally Posted by john storey View Post
Just received reply from Disney regarding my 'rant' about the 'failings' of 'their WONDERFUL (sic) new FASTPASS+ system. As expected it was the standard thanks for your views, comments ect & we will pass it on. So only 10 days holiday to go without getting on any of the newbies (without waiting in line behind all the computer geeks for 3 hours). Anyone out there can tell me what the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train is like?
That's a bit rude and unkind. We planned our Fastpasses before we came and I am in no way a computer geek! We spend a lot of our money on these holidays so we plan to get the most out of the trip and the parks.

The new Fastpass + system is absolutely brilliant. We love it and we have managed to ride things more times than we would have done under the old system and we can have late starts in the parks so our kids can lie in as we book late Fastpasses that would have gone/ran out under the old system unless we had been at the park for it opening.

Anyway, we rode SDMT twice yesterday and it was great. The swinging sensation on the train makes for a very smooth ride. We still prefer BTM though.

Edited at 12:29 AM.
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Couldn't tell you what the mine train is like as I didn't manage to get FP for it, I got up at 5a.m and no chance. I was VERY disappointed today as we decided that we were not going to let this put us off, so we got to the park for rope drop and headed straight over to the mine train. We got there to be told it wasn't working and wouldn't be open for another couple of hours or so. I personally wasn't a fan of the new FP system and as yet the jury is out, but this annoyed me more, it's a brand new ride and I think it's wrong that the ride is not working for the start of the day. So we carried on with what we were doing and then headed back that way a little while later and there was a 70 minute wait, wasn't prepared to stand for 70 minutes in the baking heat so we gave it up and will try next time.
I will say one thing in the favour of the new FP system (although I do have some negative feelings about it) I commented today to my family that we have been taking things at a slower pace. In the past say we have visited MK, we would head straight in to SM, ride it a few times Til the queue builds up, then get a FP for later then head over to thunder and splash, or maybe haunted mansion, and ride one of those, dash back to ride space mountain and maybe get a FP for one of the others, and I feel we have sort if dashed from one side of the park to the other constantly, whereas today, we have already known what FPs we have at what time and have just wandered around the park, come to a ride, looked at the wait time, decided if we felt it was worth the wait, ridden it or walked I to the next one. Although I do have a couple of little niggles, I do think we have enjoyed the parks better with the new system.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
Couldn't tell you what the mine train is like as I didn't manage to get FP for it, I got up at 5a.m and no chance. I was VERY disappointed today as we decided that we were not going to let this put us off, so we got to the park for rope drop and headed straight over to the mine train. We got there to be told it wasn't working and wouldn't be open for another couple of hours or so. I personally wasn't a fan of the new FP system and as yet the jury is out, but this annoyed me more, it's a brand new ride and I think it's wrong that the ride is not working for the start of the day. So we carried on with what we were doing and then headed back that way a little while later and there was a 70 minute wait, wasn't prepared to stand for 70 minutes in the baking heat so we gave it up and will try next time.
I will say one thing in the favour of the new FP system (although I do have some negative feelings about it) I commented today to my family that we have been taking things at a slower pace. In the past say we have visited MK, we would head straight in to SM, ride it a few times Til the queue builds up, then get a FP for later then head over to thunder and splash, or maybe haunted mansion, and ride one of those, dash back to ride space mountain and maybe get a FP for one of the others, and I feel we have sort if dashed from one side of the park to the other constantly, whereas today, we have already known what FPs we have at what time and have just wandered around the park, come to a ride, looked at the wait time, decided if we felt it was worth the wait, ridden it or walked I to the next one. Although I do have a couple of little niggles, I do think we have enjoyed the parks better with the new system.
Good to hear the outlook and unfortunate about 7DMT... But technical difficulties are expected with new rides. Hopefully you will get on it soon
Old 20 Aug 14, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Mobile

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
I agree. We normally run from one ride to another getting Fastpasses and we have found we can do a much more leisurely pace.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
hutchy16
slightly serious Dibber

hutchy16's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by joandwayne View Post
That's a bit rude and unkind. We planned our Fastpasses before we came and I am in no way a computer geek! We spend a lot of our money on these holidays so we plan to get the most out of the trip
Totally agree with you. There seems to be a handful of people on here at the moment who are slating the new service, which please guys remember is FREE, and you could have to pay for it like at universal. But to turn it around and insult other people because they like to be organised and book in advance is just rude and ridiculous. I wouldn't insult someone else just because they decided to go to disney at the busiest time of the year without booking anything and sit tapping away on a phone or laptop about computer geeks sitting locked away on their computers (that's just one of the many comments I've seen today) whilst they should be out enjoying themselves.

But seriously, if you have the technology to be posting to he dibb whilst on holiday then you have the technology to book fast passes online, and don't worry, you won't turn into a computer geek by doing this, panic not my fellow dibbers!
hutchy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post

We booked our fast passes at 60 days and had the 7DMT for our last day at MK which was Sunday 17th Aug. during our first week we got there for rope drop, queued for 45 mins and it broke and was out if action for most of the morning. The queues in the afternoon were up to 2 hours so we didn't bother. At our second attempt we got to MK around 7pm and the queue was 90 mins so again we left it knowing we still had a FP. On our last day we got there for just after opening and the queue said 80 mins but we were sure, along with others, that it looked much longer - queuing along the perimeter before the ride entrance.

All morning we were wary of the weather as the day before had been a washout at AK and I said I wasn't going home until I had been on the 7DMT! At 1.20pm we got straight on using the FP and what a disappointment! It seems to be more about the technology than the ride. It was good and the dwarves section was different, however, it was seemed a very slow train and short ride. My husband said he would have not been happy queuing in stand by for that and I have to agree. Thunder mountain still has the edge and the queues were only 20 mins.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

The seven dwarfs mine train queue was 90 mins in the middle of the day yesterday.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 14, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Good to hear the outlook and unfortunate about 7DMT... But technical difficulties are expected with new rides. Hopefully you will get on it soon
Yeah I know and to be honest it didn't spoil our day or anything. I'd accepted we couldn't get FPs and thought "ok we will head over there at rope drop" so to get there and find it closed indefinitely niggled briefly. But heyho we just carried on. We will try the same next time we go.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread