Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 7 Feb 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I did a day trip from Miami. Nassau was a disappointment, I thought parts of it looked like a shanty town and as we walked through a market (mainly poor copies of designer clothes, bags & watches), the stall holders yelled out to us to visit their stalls. I suppose they’re used to people on excursions from cruises buying souvenirs.

It’s nice that I can say I’ve been there (I know, but I used to travel a lot) but wouldn’t go again nor recommend it.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Nassau was our first port on our very first cruise back in 2005.

We weren't disappointed by it as it was our first ever island but wouldn't rush back. Walked from the port to the main shopping area. Seemed to remember that we found cheap T shirt shops next door to the likes of Gucci.

Didn't join into any of the excursions though so can't speak for the rest of the island.

Mick
Found a couple of pics. Taking your horse for a swim in the sea and the main shopping street.

Mick
Old 7 Feb 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
rcaff
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone - all food for thought. Think I would be more wanting to go to the quieter islands but that’s not going to happen on a day trip. Maybe next time 😔

The Caffreys do Disney...Again !
The Wyndham 2005, Grand Plaza 2006, Pop Century 2007, Pop Century 2008, Pop Century 2009, Caribbean Beach Resort 2010, AKL 2012, Pop Century 2013 and 2014, Cabana Bay 2015 & 2016, Coronado springs 2017, Cabana Bay again in 2018 and finally Caribbean Beach 2019
rcaff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by rcaff View Post
Thanks everyone - all food for thought. Think I would be more wanting to go to the quieter islands but that’s not going to happen on a day trip. Maybe next time 😔
There are lots of prettier islands in the Caribbean. In our experience St John, which is one of the USVI, was the nicest.

Mick
Old 10 Feb 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Have been to the Bahamas a few times and have to agree the Nassau area isnt fantastic as a day tripper. The part around the cruise terminal is probably about the worst part.
I would look st maybe spending a night and going a little further to providenciales in Turks and Caicos. From memory (well over 10 yrs ago) it’s only about an hour flight and beaches of Grace Bay Area are stunning (or were then).
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List