Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Feb 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Samski
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm stopping there next year. As has been said previously it will just be a base as Disney World is all about the parks really isn't it!

If you intend on spending a considerable amount of time at the hotel then go for one of the more expensive ones. If you know you will be mostly out and about then go for Sports.
Samski is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
We are staying there in Oct this year. I have toyed with upgrading to Movies as it will be renovated by then, but have appreciated the comments regarding first stop on the buses etc.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Sports is fab we loved it, and its first pick up on the bus (sometimes sports and movies share buses) Didn't find it too busy or noisy.

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by parkgirl View Post
We are staying there in Oct this year. I have toyed with upgrading to Movies as it will be renovated by then, but have appreciated the comments regarding first stop on the buses etc.
Sometimes it made all the difference on the occasions when all stars shared the buses.

I had an experience going to Springs where I was picked up and got a seat and the bus was lovely and empty. And then it got PACKED by the time we got to movies and music. This was because it was so quiet that Springs was also sharing a bus with Typhoon Lagoon that afternoon. So three loads of hotel guests for two areas.

It’s the only time that’s ever happened but I was quite happy with my seat.
Old 18 Feb 19, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Thanks everyone for the replies - really appreciate it! It is reassuring to know people have found it pretty comfortable and quiet, as they are all you need really for resting your head at night! I don't mind the big in your face theming, my bf doesn't like it at all, but can put up with it for the price I am sure! Also, good to know about the buses - we will hire a car and use that for most journeys, but may well use the buses for MK and it is useful to know they are decent if we need them for anything else!

Just need to get the time off work confirmed now, eek, excited! Really didn't think I was going to get to go this year!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone again - we have booked! 16th-30th September, so excited!

Now, to book MNSSHP and start dreaming up costume ideas - so excited to see Disney for Halloween!

Thanks again everyone
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone again - we have booked! 16th-30th September, so excited!

:
I'm there from the 19th but having read this thread I've just upgraded to Caribbean Beach. But then I'm going solo, have done all the parks endlessly many times before and I like to chill ( plus the Skyliner should be open)
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List