Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Feb 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

Help needed

Hi everyone I have been on before Christmas and got plenty of advice and great help but unforeseen circumstances involving work had stopped all planning but hopefully we can now start again.
We are a family of 4 hoping to go to Disney, Sea world & universal so I am looking on all advice on hotels to stay at outside the bubble, I do not want to drive so bus or uber will be ok so please help
many thanks
GH4
gh4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld in 2016. It is on the corner of international drive with a Denny’s, IHOP, Red Lobster and McDonalds really close. You could walk to Seaworld in under five minutes from our room and received free quick queue for the rides. They also offered buses to Disney which we used a couple times but it was also not expensive to get an Uber. You could get to Universal via the lynx bus if I remember correctly, but again Uber was so cheap we tended to just use that.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Hi.
I am truly glad that you are back on track.
There are plenty of good hotels on IDrive that offer both free breakfast and also, complimentary shuttles, so your aim is entirely achievable. Whilst not wishing to reccomend any hotel as we are now out of date (preferring driving and villa accommodation), you will have no trouble identifying such hotels by adding the appropriate filters on the search engines.
For further flexibility in travelling, do not forget that whilst the IDrive trolley ($1.25 per journey) can take you straight to SW (and thus, DC, Aq and the bus to BG, the other one on International Boulevard takes you pretty close to the Universal travelator.
You also have Lyft and Uber. These are equally useful for getting from MCO to IDrive.

Your first steps may be..
1. Finalise approximate dates and start researching flights for best value and convenience.
2. Identify a hotel or hotel suite and research best price for the dates you are looking at.
3. Invite TA's to do better than your 'best deal'
Either go with the TA or book your own DIY.
4. Buy theme park tickets as and when.

IDrive is a brilliant location if not driving, with absolutely dozens of great restaurants and all very close to the strip itself. I would suggest selecting one between Sandlake road and around a mile north of that (preferably in the middle). This is where most restaurants may come within walking as well as itrolley distance. IDrive always has that feeling of being safe, even though it is not to everybody's taste. The alternative, LBV is less convenient without a car as some of the roads are busy and restaurants more spread out.

Hoping this helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

This is all great help thanks we are tied with travelling around 6th-7th July we have looked at JW Marriott, Hyatt Grand Cypress Wyndham, Orlando World Centre Sheraton Vistana Villages, so all advice is welcome we did look at Disney hotels but all seem very basic for the price but thanks again keep the advice coming
gh4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Try the Staybridge suites at LBV or the new ones at SeaWorld, the kitchen/living area and separate bedroom can make it a lot more comfortable for 4 sharing a room. I second the value of being by the Idrive trolley if you are not driving, it makes going out for dinner or shopping so much easier. This link can help you see how close so many hotels are to this service internationaldriveorland...iride-trolley/
Happy planning!
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
gh4
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks for your advice and thanks for the link this is all great help