Notices

Old 8 Jan 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
GandL
Having Dinner with Goofy

So we’re going to be husband and wife?! Our Honeymoon April 2018

Hi all,

In the run up to our wedding and honeymoon, I thought it might be fun to do a pre trippie to enhance the excitement that I am feeling every day.

Cast

Me – Grace

I’m 26, will be 27 whilst we are on our honeymoon! I work in the insurance market in London which sounds dull, but has a very fun social life with it involving lots of drinks and lunching… sorry I mean networking. I went to Disney once as a child and it was the holiday of a lifetime and then again with Luke in 2014 which again was absolutely amazing to relive the amazing childhood memories. I am officially obsessed with planning holidays (especially Disney) and spend a lot of time on Tripadvisor and TheDibb. Literally so excited to be immersed in the planning phase all over again.

Him – Luke

He is 28 (older man). He works in IT and recently got promoted and is doing very well in his new job. He’s also in London (We live in Essex) so its nice to be able to go for dinners and drinks and occasionally the theatre after work together. Luke had also been to Florida as a child, well teenager and also shared the ILOVEDISNEY gene… No wonder I am marrying him.

Background

So Luke and I have been together around 6 years with a few blips at the start but hey we were only young. In May 2016 we took a trip to New York and Las Vegas where I was completely blown away by a proposal in Central Park on our first day. I was hoping that Luke was going to propose to me at some point but had absolutely no idea that it was going to be in New York! We had such an amazing trip and I officially became a fiancée!

So we got home and decided to start planning our wedding which we decided on 28th April 2018. Time to start saving the pennies (and the pounds)! I had always wanted to get married at the Church that my parents were married at as sadly my mum passed away when I was a child and it is a special place to me. So skipping forward we booked the church and then a manor house for the reception and its pretty much been GO GO GO since then .
We also bought our first home together in July 2017 which we are incredibly proud of. Its safe to say we do not do things by halves lol.

So obviously instead of doing lots of important wedding preparation and planning, our thoughts quickly turned to honeymoon and it was a pretty obvious choice… FLORIDA.

From extensive research on TheDibb, I had said to Luke about the free DDP offer and we decided to wait and go with that. We also booked through Charter Travel due to lots of good reviews and they have been great!

The Plan

So initially we were hoping to do Disney, Universal and then fly to Mexico for some relaxation… then we realised we are not millionaires and had to rethink.

Therefore the actual plan is:

28th April –OUR WEDDING DAY!

29th April – Recover from wedding day

30th April to 3rd May – Fly to Florida with Virgin and stay at the Avanti for 3 nights and spend time at Universal

3rd May to 10th May – Move to Old Key West with DDP and spend time at Disney

10th May to 12th May – Drive to Anna Maria Island, stay at an Airbnb on the beach for relaxation

12th to 15th May – Drive to St Petes Beach, stay at Grand Plaza for further relaxtion

15th May – sadly fly home

So that’s about enough from me for today, but I’ll soon return with what ADR’s we have booked and other exciting plans!

Grace x
GandL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You fly the day after us! Looking forward to reading more.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
GandL
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Update 14/1 ADRS

4th May - T Rex at Disney Springs

Now I am the main planner and researcher who therefore gets to pick majority of the restaurants but thought I would give Luke a complete his choice for a dinner. Of all the lovely restaurants in Disney Springs... He picks here! Please someone give me some encouragement that it's not going to be full of kids and that the food is decent!

5th May - Chef Mickey for breakfast at 8.20am!

We had this booked for our 2014 trip but slept in and missed it so really looking forward to stuffing our faces this time!

Teppan Edo - 7.30pm

Again was meant to do this in 2014 but due to me not feeling well had to cancel. Really excited watch food being cooked in front of us

6th May - Sci Fi diner 12.35pm

Loved this when we went before. Great theming and really yummy burgers and milkshakes

7th May - Ohana 3.45pm

Heard so many good thighs about this place and cannot wait for a Lapu Lapu

8th May - Be Our Guest 8.05am

Previously been for dinner and loved the theming. Seems such good value for a quick service!

Weds 9th May - California Grill 7.30pm

Sadly our last night in Disney before heading to the coast and also my 27th birthday which therefore calls for a special meal and being able to watch the fireworks.
Hope Luke remembers to pack me some birthday presents!
GandL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
GandL
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

3 days til our wedding and 5 until Florida!

So excited I can't sleep
Old 26 Apr 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GandL View Post
3 days til our wedding and 5 until Florida!

So excited I can't sleep
have a fabulous wedding and honeymoon, cant wait to read all about it
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
minniemicky
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Hope you have a great wedding and honeymoon
minniemicky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have an amazing day 👰🏼🤵 looking forward to reading your report xxx
Old 27 Apr 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How exciting have the best day tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing about your holiday especially interested in your beach accomodations xx
Good luck and best wishes 😀
Old 27 Apr 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
That sounds a great trip and good luck for your wedding day TOMORROW!