Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 31 Jan 19, 03:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Choice of 2 offers

Good morning, I have priced up a Mon-Fri trip in the August school holidays staying at the Santa Fe for 2 Adults 2 Kids 1 baby and would love some advice on which offer would be best for us. We have the English site working out at £1600 including half board meals but the French site is £1100 with no meals. What would you go with, half board meals or £500 discount? Also general advice or warnings about this time of year would great if anyone has anything worth knowing before I book.
Cheers
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

At the Santa Fe you will only get the standard plan, so this will be buffet breakfast in your hotel plus a lunch or dinner at a buffet restaurant.

The big decider is whether you're bothered by the breakfast, as the lunch/dinner itself definitely isn't worth £500 for 4 nights. But if you were planning to pay for the breakfast anyway then it will work out slightly cheaper to do the half board deal.

Personally, I'd choose the cheaper option and just pay as you go for food. We normally take cereal bars and croissants with us for breakfast which saves us time and money.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 19, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What do you like having for breakfast? If you need the buffet breakfast each morning at the hotel then I would go for the free half board as you will probably save money. If you are happy to take porridge pots/croissants/cereal bars for breakfast or go to McDonald’s, Starbucks for a cheaper breakfast then get the cheaper package. Your dinners will cost around €100 per day at the Disney restaurants on the meal plan but you could easily eat cheaper by going to vapianos and five guys a couple of nights. Breakfast costs around €20 per adult and slightly less for kids so this is where your costs will increase without the meal plan.
MissJRabbit is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for the advice I think I’ll go for the cheaper option as we won’t be too bothered about a buffet breakfast, although I have been told August might be too busy during the school holidays so unsure what to do now :/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LM210689 View Post
Thanks for the advice I think I’ll go for the cheaper option as we won’t be too bothered about a buffet breakfast, although I have been told August might be too busy during the school holidays so unsure what to do now :/
We went in August 2017 and whilst it was busy it wasn't unbearably so. The days are so long that there's plenty of time to see everything even with longer queues. Also this year you'll have the Lion King and Jungle festival which will provide a show and other things that will help thin the crowds a little.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back in August again, the (mostly) nice weather combined with the long park opening times made for a really lovely break.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mental4ever
Excited about Disney

I would definitely go with the lower priced option. You will be able to keep your time flexible and eat when and wherever you want. Of course take snacks with you to keep you going when you feel a little peckish. 🍫🍫🍫
Universal Aug/Sept 2023.
BWV & Universal Feb & May 2024. BWV Jan 2025.
mental4ever is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List