Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Feb 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GlenWa73
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Buy Express Passes for everyone.
Get to Universal at least 30 minutes before opening time and stay until closing time.
Plan which rides you want to do - you are unlikely to be able to do all of them in one day.
Have a rest from the heat in the middle of the day. It's hot in August.

Are you going at the beginning or end of August? If you are visiting near the end of August then it won't be too busy (although I would still highly recommend Express Passes). The start of August is busier.

As long as you manage expectations - don't expect to do everything - then you should be ok. It'll be a rush at times, and hot, so also remember to take breaks now and again.
Beginning and end. There for 3 weeks... I don't fancy rushing
Old 15 Feb 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GlenWa73 View Post
As the title suggests... we're thinking about doing one day at universal this august. What would you do? Is there enough time to cram park to park?! Suggestions welcome!
I would buy the express pass if it is a busy day
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We did it but we stayed onsite to get FOTL pass. Got everything done and was a great day.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

Having done it with kids, I’d say doing both in one day might be possible, but we used to do one day in each park and then a catch up day split between the two. That left us feeling we had ‘done’ Universal properly.

Last few trips I felt we rushed round, did the rides and then left before I had done all I would have liked, and with the new stuff since we last visited I feel ready to revisit

I may be in Orlando at a conference beginning of August, and plan on spending two full days and maybe a couple of evenings at Universal
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mozzman
Trainee Dibber

i am planing to get a 2 park ioa/us express pass unlimited and hit it hard for 12 hours,then look around and explore another day lol,at approx $400 for 4 of us i might consider taking a bike to get around quicker ;-)
mozzman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

We did one day park to park in June 2018. Bought our tickets from walmart and express pass in universal. We arrived as they opened with no clear plan of what we were going to do.
The whole park wasn't opened to general public when we arrived as I believe guests in the hotels have more time in the morning.We just started with rides that were open to us.
It was just me and my son who was 26 and we just went for everything we could. We missed a few including the hulk, rip ride rocket and simpsons but have done these rides before and really were not bothered and could have found time if we wanted.
A lot of the rides were 15-20 minute wait times anyway unless they were Harry Potter or the roller coasters. We did the water rides last so we weren't walking around wet ( we would have dried as it was so hot) and I went on the Harry Potter rides 3 times each, I had not been on them before due to balance issues I have.
The parks in general were not overly busy and I used undercover tourist busy day guide to plan our day. I can't even remember where we ate I just remember filling our refillable cup numerous times.
Over all experience was that it was damn expensive but absolutely worth it. Would I do it again absolutely, in a heart beat

Edited at 08:43 PM.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by GlenWa73 View Post
Beginning and end. There for 3 weeks... I don't fancy rushing
You said you were thinking of only doing one day at Universal? So that can’t be at the beginning and the end of August. It’s either one or another.

If I was you, I’d choose to go at the end of your holiday for lower crowds.

If you don’t fancy rushing then don’t go for just one day. If you’re there for 3 weeks you have the time to visit Universal on several days - we usually do 2 or 3 days there and only go for 2 weeks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Sit in diagon alley and people watch and dragon watch for the fireball lol
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
GlenWa73
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You said you were thinking of only doing one day at Universal? So that can’t be at the beginning and the end of August. It’s either one or another.

If I was you, I’d choose to go at the end of your holiday for lower crowds.

If you don’t fancy rushing then don’t go for just one day. If you’re there for 3 weeks you have the time to visit Universal on several days - we usually do 2 or 3 days there and only go for 2 weeks.
the question was: Are you going at the beginning or end of August? If you are visiting near the end of August then it won't be too busy (although I would still highly recommend Express Passes). The start of August is busier.

We are going to Orlando from the beginning of August to the end of August. Furthermore, the thread is about going for ONE day, and the point is, what would you do if you were going for ONE day, and what would you do on that ONE day...you can't answer, I'd go for TWO days..
Old 25 Feb 19, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
Sit in diagon alley and people watch and dragon watch for the fireball lol
No matter how much I watched I always missed it
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List