Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Feb 19, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
HEA dessert party - before or after?

We're not overly bothered about the desserts - just want a good viewing psot without having to sit on the concrete for 90 minutes beforehand. Would you do the before party or after? After seems to make more sense view-wise, as you can go into the viewing area before the Before party people - but then if you're just sitting on the grass in the viewing area all that time you may as well be sitting on the concrete for free?!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

First time we did the MK fireworks we found a spot by caseys corner about 20 mins before it started, we had a great view! Last year we booked the Plaza Gardens desert party and to be honest, the view was no better than the previous visit and it was still pretty busy in there, we got in to the hub 20/30 mins before it started and still ended up standing right at the back against the railings. The food at the party was rubbish (in my opinion, but we’re not massive desert people) I certainlly wouldn’t bother paying for it again!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
First time we did the MK fireworks we found a spot by caseys corner about 20 mins before it started, we had a great view!
Wow, we've never got a good spot less than 90 minutes beforehand! But then we always go by railings, so that nobody can stand in front of us and those spots go *quickly*.

Did you have people's heads in your way if you were at the back or was it spaced out enough that you could see over them?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I'm risking the free concrete. I was planning on booking the party (and would have if OH was with me, he wouldn't have been prepared to stake out a spot) but had the same thought as you - either way, I'm sitting around for an hour waiting for it to begin. More money to spend on something else, I used it to buy an EMM ticket instead.

Although I'm still a little nervous since I'm short so it'll be easy to get view blocked if I can't snag a railing. But I do have two HEA nights planned, so I'll update if I end up booking it for the second.

ETA: FWIW, I was leaning towards the after party since HEA is on close to closing time on my nights. Chill out on the terrace for a bit while the crowds disperse.

Edited at 06:29 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

These are views from both visits. The first one was in 2016 where we turned up 20 mins before it started.

The 2nd one was the view from the plaza gardens after the desert party... views are no different in my opinion!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List