Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Feb 19, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiemcpretty
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kate View Post
The villa we stay at is available. £700 per week

vr360homes.com/north-america/florida/disney-orlando-villas/cumbrian-lakes/p383.html
Love Cumbrian lakes fab location. Going in 23 days would defo look at this.
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DickyP
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

As a none villa owner but definitely rented a few I can see why they wouldn’t say it’s up for sale. As it can put people off and you never know when it will sell. The last one we rented the owner had it up for 7months before it sold. While it’s only on the market not much they can do I suppose until it’s sold. Then from the renters stand point you want certainty but again depends how far in advance you book. Last trip was two weeks before longest has been 18months obviously the longer the duration the more chance life can through challenges / reasons people may need to sell.
DickyP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
G54321
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
It’s not “poor judgement”. It is borderline deceitful and an outright violation of the T’s and C’s that all Dibb Villa advertisers sign up to when they join.

These conditions were reiterated just a few short weeks ago, but I guess that some people are more concerned with themselves than doing the right thing.

I feel really sorry for the OP and more than aggrieved that this owner can sully the reputation of us decent hard-working Dibb Villa advertisers who go out of their way to help people, participate in the forums and try and provide a quality product.

The Dibb is great, bringing Florida and Disney enthusiasts all together in one community. We villa owners are people who love it so much we have bought a bit!

I hope that the OP does get what she is searching for, and please don’t assume that this rotten apple is representative of all Dibb Villa Owners

Regards

Gary

Could not agree more with this post. I consider myself very fortunate that we found your villa for our trip in 2017 and we are so looking forward to returning in June. I can completely understand your frustration as honest and reliable villa owners when something like this happens. For anyone looking for a villa Gary and Debra’s home is amazing and they are an absolute pleasure to deal with. I’m sure there are other similar Dibb owners out there too. I feel very sorry for the OP as I know how I would feel in their shoes. Hope they find an alternative soon.
G54321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
It’s not “poor judgement”. It is borderline deceitful and an outright violation of the T’s and C’s that all Dibb Villa advertisers sign up to when they join.

These conditions were reiterated just a few short weeks ago, but I guess that some people are more concerned with themselves than doing the right thing.

I feel really sorry for the OP and more than aggrieved that this owner can sully the reputation of us decent hard-working Dibb Villa advertisers who go out of their way to help people, participate in the forums and try and provide a quality product.

The Dibb is great, bringing Florida and Disney enthusiasts all together in one community. We villa owners are people who love it so much we have bought a bit!

I hope that the OP does get what she is searching for, and please don’t assume that this rotten apple is representative of all Dibb Villa Owners

Regards

Gary
As a renter, I'd agree. I found a lovely villa with a lovely owner through here, and have booked a DIBB villa again (with a different person but only because the villa that we used before was booked for our dates).

This is the second thread in recent weeks about...shall we say "unconventional/suboptimal" behaviour by villa owners and it does dent my confidence in the renters community. It's a real shame.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
As a renter, I'd agree. I found a lovely villa with a lovely owner through here, and have booked a DIBB villa again (with a different person but only because the villa that we used before was booked for our dates).

This is the second thread in recent weeks about...shall we say "unconventional/suboptimal" behaviour by villa owners and it does dent my confidence in the renters community. It's a real shame.

I feel like this too. This time we are staying the whole time onsite however we had already said the next time we go we would do a split stay. I was excited to find a trusted villa rental community and things like this worry me

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

When renting try to get to talk with, and get to know,the owners if booking direct.
We try to get a feel for what our renters want by "talking to them' !
Renting is a two way thing and if an owner gets a cancellation nothing, if very little is said on theses forums. It can still have an impact,but not I accept, to the same degree as booked flights etc to the renter who has been let down.
How many people book a hotel and turn up to find refurb/building work going on or facilities closed for the duration. It can and does happen, so communication is key.
We are of the opinion that what seems a minor problem to some is a major problem to others so we try to eliminate problems no matter how small.
We are, and nobody is, perfect., but we try to communicate in person, as previous guest can testify, not just by text or email. Those mediums are great to confirm what has or not been said.
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I get what the owners are saying here about cancellations from renters, that must be annoying. But I really don’t think you can compare the two. Owners deal with a lot of renters throughout the year and it’s only to be expected that if you rent out to 20 or more people per year (plus many more enquiries). That you are bound to get cancellations. People booking a holiday normally do this once a year or once every few years X
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

I did compare but in fact I clearly made the point it can impact the renter more on the renter.
As an owner if a cancellation comes in it could be, and often is,that the renter has hit financial pressures, perhaps this could be,lets say, from redundancy.
'Redundancy' does not ask if the person is an owner or a renter, so both are susceptible to the same situation.
Let me make it very clear, I have no time for owners who do not put their guests first. At at the same time I have no time for renters who cancel on the day a balance is due leaving the owner little time to book those dates out.
My total sympathy goes out to those renters who have had problems with renting but I am just making a general point not commenting on individual cases.
Sometimes the written word does not convey what you actually mean, So I go back to my original point, Communicate by a telephone call and do not just rely on the electronic media.
The Dibb gives you the opportunity to as questions. As specific question of previous renters who are Dibb members.
As a group of owners we try to identify potential rental problems and earlier this month the owner and moderators of the Dibb reiterated measures they have in place to minimise problems. The Dibb is without doubt the best platform to view and as questions.
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela

Edited at 02:41 PM.
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pamela1960 View Post
I did compare but in fact I clearly made the point it can impact the renter more on the renter.
As an owner if a cancellation comes in it could be, and often is,that the renter has hit financial pressures, perhaps this could be,lets say, from redundancy.
'Redundancy' does not ask if the person is an owner or a renter, so both are susceptible to the same situation.
Let me make it very clear, I have no time for owners who do not put their guests first. At at the same time I have no time for renters who cancel on the day a balance is due leaving the owner little time to book those dates out.
My total sympathy goes out to those renters who have had problems with renting but I am just making a general point not commenting on individual cases.
Sometimes the written word does not convey what you actually mean, So I go back to my original point, Communicate by a telephone call and do not just rely on the electronic media.
The Dibb gives you the opportunity to as questions. As specific question of previous renters who are Dibb members.
As a group of owners we try to identify potential rental problems and earlier this month the owner and moderators of the Dibb reiterated measures they have in place to minimise problems. The Dibb is without doubt the best platform to view and as questions.
I totally get that it must be so frustrating when someone cancels last minute. I have no clue as to what you guys have to deal with. I do think that seeing people like yourself comment on threads kind of gives renters a more secure feel when booking - which is great! I’ll definitely be renting a Dibb villa when we do a villa holiday next (that’s our usual style, first time onsite this year) x
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

Thank you for seeing it both ways and your reassuring words
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela

Edited at 04:35 PM.