Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Feb 19, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
I don't know but all I know is now when I search it doesn't bring up either POR or CBR as an option if I use my children's ages. I booked through an agent and he called Disney and found out that they no longer accept older children for the beds. It may be different because we have 5 in the room of which 3 are adults and 2 are over 11years old. If you are just paying the extra to have an extra bed for 4 people they may still offer the room.
That’s going to really restrict affordable on-site accommodation for families of 5! Hopefully they’ll get a huge number of complaints and reconsider.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by D15ney72 View Post
That’s going to really restrict affordable on-site accommodation for families of 5! Hopefully they’ll get a huge number of complaints and reconsider.
I'm hoping it's just a problem now but honestly think Disney have really thought this through. The bed does advise it's a child size only but my son is smaller than most kids aged 9! I'm only a party of 5 as my parents are tagging along, I can't wait to go back to it being just the 3 of us as it really does open the options up for us. I do like the extra bed for my son as he has autism and struggles sharing a bed anyway. It's a shame though for other families of 5 with older kids.

Just to add I've just checked again and it brings up preferred rooms. This is loaded in the old style of preferred room 1-5. Where as the standard are now 1-4 with 5th sleeper. So it may just be standard rooms that this applies to as that is what I have booked.

Edited at 07:25 PM.
Kirsty2tt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
I'm hoping it's just a problem now but honestly think Disney have really thought this through. The bed does advise it's a child size only but my son is smaller than most kids aged 9! I'm only a party of 5 as my parents are tagging along, I can't wait to go back to it being just the 3 of us as it really does open the options up for us. I do like the extra bed for my son as he has autism and struggles sharing a bed anyway. It's a shame though for other families of 5 with older kids.

Just to add I've just checked again and it brings up preferred rooms. This is loaded in the old style of preferred room 1-5. Where as the standard are now 1-4 with 5th sleeper. So it may just be standard rooms that this applies to as that is what I have booked.
Adults sleep in these Murphy's in DVC villas, no problem.
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Adults sleep in these Murphy's in DVC villas, no problem.
Yes it all seems odd to me. Looking at prices for next year for 5 (with older children) also only brings up the upgraded room options at both POR and CBR. Hoping it's just a glitch but who knows. Im just happy I got one booked before this.
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
dont know how new this is

disneyfoodblog/2019/0...xXH4w2AOpQgm8I
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

I’ve just been checking 2020 CBR prices for the same 2 weeks we’re going this year. At the moment it’s around £450 more for next year, but I know that Disney often increase the room price around April too! So will be interesting to see what it goes up to.

POR/FQ also gone up around £200, so still more expensive than CBR, but not as much now.

I think it might be All stars for us if we go again next year. 😊

From what I’ve read the Skyliner isn’t just for CBR, Riviera, AoA & Pop guests though, so I’ll still be able to ride the Skyliner between Epcot/HS etc if I want to.
😬
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Moana
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Hi

Can anyone point me to an updated map of CBR now that most of the changes have happened? If it also had the gondola station marked on it that would be great.

Thanks
Moana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I found this;
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moana
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Great thank you
Moana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
dont know how new this is

disneyfoodblog/2019/0...xXH4w2AOpQgm8I
😞 Bit disappointed with the lack of a veggie option!
Think my OH would enjoy it though- Is this quick service or is it classed as a lounge that you have to pay oop for?
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List