Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Feb 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We bring lots of snack and drinks but not sandwiches- They will usually pick at some of the food even if they don't eat all of it. Plane food breaks up the journey and is part of the fun.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We bought Boots meal deal, 2 sets for £3ish each. We bought plain ham, some fruit slices and bottled water. We were 40 mins late getting on the plane (smoke detector issue, then sat on tarmac for nearly an hour too), so the kids were already getting hungry. Worth it for peace of mind, hungry kids aren’t happy kids 🤣
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Mobile

Great replies thanks. We will take a few packs of ham and cheese I think. Back up plan.
gazzastag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

We usually buy a cheese and ham or plain ham for our daughter in a shop just before the flight.
I have an insulated lunch bag I pop them in with a couple of cold waters or drinks for the flight.
Last year I forgot the lunch bag and just kept the sandwiches in the carrier bag with the drinks.
Also crisps, cereal bar and a little grapes bag.
As everyone else has said, don’t carry food items into the US
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t even consider how long they’d keep!
I would consider this if I had a picnic on a hot day but the plane won’t be hot.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Cake
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I took sandwiches from home for my 2 fussy kids. I just packed them in an insulated bag along with a small ziploc bag of some frozen grapes. The grapes kept the sandwiches cold until it was time to eat them, and once the grapes had defrosted they ate them as well!
Cake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes. Myself and DD always buy food once airside and don’t eat any of the food offered on the flight apart from the drinks. I don’t buy egg out of respect for other passengers in case it smells.
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

boots meal deals for snackage bought airside

sorted
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

I take a little packed lunch for my DD and put it in an insulated sandwich box. That normally keeps it cool a good while
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List