Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Feb 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We've stayed at Bahama Bay before in a 3 bed and it was a lovely resort bit of a drive to Disney but manageable . Would stay again!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Crazy price well done you !...
We’ve stayed at bonnet creek before , it’s nice there.
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Tui. Searched on Skyscanner for UK to Orlando. Cheapest month. These fly out on April and back in May.
I can’t find anything near that bargain price :-) ...
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

I think Bahama Bay would be perfect for you! Next best to a villa imo but with the added bonus of grounds to walk around while getting wee baby off to sleep plus onsite bar and restaurant!

Well done and enjoy!
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Where is your prefered area in orlando? do you mean the Sonesta suites on idrive? if so staybridge have built a new suite hotel near seaworld, there is also a Hiltons Grand Vacation club there. As you have a car also look at Sheraton Vistana resorts, there are 2 and they often have very good deals on. If you want to be in LBV area there is also a staybridge suites there, they are generally very reasonable and close to Disney Springs.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
Where is your prefered area in orlando? do you mean the Sonesta suites on idrive? if so staybridge have built a new suite hotel near seaworld, there is also a Hiltons Grand Vacation club there. As you have a car also look at Sheraton Vistana resorts, there are 2 and they often have very good deals on. If you want to be in LBV area there is also a staybridge suites there, they are generally very reasonable and close to Disney Springs.
Yes it was the Idrive Sonesta Suites we were at. They were perfect but we would rather be nearer to LBV / Kissimee this time as I hated driving so much of the I4 and we won't be doing Universal on this trip. Although for the right price we would stay on Idrive again. Staybridge suites look amazing but over budget unfortunately.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

How about caribe royale or buena vista suites then? they often have extra discounts available with mousesavers and are in the right area for you.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Thankyou for all the replies. Some of the recommendations look amazing but a bit out of our budget. The suites that seem to be within budget / in the right area are...

Liki Tiki
Blue Tree Resort
Blue Heron Reort
Bahama Bay Resort
Star Island Resort

Does anyone have any personal experience staying at any of these?
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Of those posted I would go for either Bahama Bay or Blue Heron. On balance I think Bahama Bay edges it.

Lili Tiki had some resort frees I didn't like the idea of being caught by when I looked into it a few years ago. Blue Heron is nice, but I prefer the less high rise more spread out feel of bahama bay, esp if going with kids.

Blue tree was nice, but a bit dated, but not in my preferred location, however I know many who like that location over others.

See whats available and go from there I think.

Do check to see if any resort fees are payable and if so, if they are included in the booking.

The only other one that I've stayed at which may be out of your search zone was Tuscana Resort at Championsgate. It's in our preferred location and the kids love the pool. But would go for BB over Tuscana if the price was right. Greener grounds! And kids like beach 😁

Enjoy.

Edited at 11:37 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Of those posted I would go for either Bahama Bay or Blue Heron. On balance I think Bahama Bay edges it.

Lili Tiki had some resort frees I didn't like the idea of being caught by when I looked into it a few years ago. Blue Heron is nice, but I prefer the less high rise more spread out feel of bahama bay, esp if going with kids.

Blue tree was nice, but a bit dated, but not in my preferred location, however I know many who like that location over others.

See whats available and go from there I think.

Do check to see if any resort fees are payable and if so, if they are included in the booking.

The only other one that I've stayed at which may be out of your search zone was Tuscana Resort at Championsgate. It's in our preferred location and the kids love the pool. But would go for BB over Tuscana if the price was right. Greener grounds! And kids like beach 😁

Enjoy.
Thankyou for the reply. I've narrowed it down to the two you say. I'll be spending this evening checking location and distance to our favourite restaurants before making a final decision.