Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 3 Oct 18, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
lua1904
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
$13 for waffle fries! Were they gold plated lol

Apparently they were truffle Parmesan but I'd have preferred plain and hot for a lower price lol
lua1904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

The seafood risotto at the flying fish looks really good. We are hoping to visit there in the summer.
Shame about HBD. I know what you mean though about food being completely different when you’ve been doing slimming world for a while.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip. Thanks for posting.
Old 7 Oct 18, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Really enjoying your reviews and seeing all your dishes at the Signature.

It’s interesting that they’ve changed the side options with the Porterhouse at Yachtsman, in the past it came with the potatoes, the spinach and the mushrooms. I do think this was preferable to just coming in the potatoes and your choice of side.

What a pity your burger at HBD didn’t live up to your memories, I really hate when that happens.

A real shame that STK disappointed, I was excited to see a review of it too as it’s not somewhere we’re likely to ever try ourselves (because of the nightclub vibe, although we might do lunch). With so much choice onsite, you’d really think the chain restaurants would up their game a little.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Flying Fish sounds and looks amazing! It’s on my list for my next trip as I have DxDDP. I love the look of the fillet, and love asparagus but did it come with mushrooms too?
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

This is great for helping me plan our meals for next year.
We also have deluxe dining. I know it’s way too much food but we like starters and aren’t fussed with desserts.
STK was a possible but it doesn’t sound like it was that great 🤔
I definitely want the scallops and Brussels and Paddledish has some poor reviews so I’m so pleased to see your pics 😊

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
lua1904

Sorry for the delay, have been feeling so full of food it's been difficult to get back and write about food!

Dinner was at SciFi Dine In, this was a new place for us and we decided on it so we could see the Star Wars show.

We started with chipotle BBQ chicken tenders and onion rings. These were ok and (pet peeve) - the mains arrived before we had finished. Tom had the Drive in BBQ burger: Our Signature Blend of Beef, BBQ Spice, Brioche Bun, House-made BBQ Sauce, Bacon, and Cheddar served with Crispy-fried Jalapeño and Onion Straws and I had the seasonal burger which had fried green tomato and pimento cheese on. These both came with fries.

Tom had the housemade sci fi candy bar Cookies and Cream Mousse, Chocolate Ganache, Chocolate Sauce which he enjoyed. I had a habenero lime margarita.

The food was ok and we liked the theming of the venue but we probably wouldn't go back anytime soon.
lua1904 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lua1904

On Thursday Tom started the day with a cinnamon roll from Gaston's while I ate some carrots and celery - I am missing vegetables a lot!

Today we were snacking around the world to use up some of our snack credits (we still had 31 of the 40 we started with). We shared everything unless it was sweet and then it was Tom's, I'm a bad dibber and didn't take any photos but we had the following:

We started off in the flavours from fire and had Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring BelGioioso® Romano and American Grana Cheeses Which was delicious.

We the moved on to Next Eats and ate Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions from Active Eats and The IMPOSSIBLE™ Burger Slider with Wasabi Cream and Spicy Asian Slaw on a Sesame Seed Bun from Earth Eats. The mac and cheese was good and really spicy and we both really liked the burger, it was a good vegan product that really did have the taste and texture of a beef burger.

We had a Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour DOLE® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise at the Hawaii booth which was really flavoursome and tangy and then we ate the classic poutine from the Refreshment Port which was ok but didn't really work with American gravy, it tasted quite sweet.

We carried on to France where I got an orange slushie which was delicious but super strong in the heat. Tom got a waffle in Belgium but didn't finish this because it was very crispy and a bit overdone.

Tom also chose crispy pork belly from Brazil but this was again a bit overcooked rather than crispy I tried a little bit but I wasn't a fan.

We stopped at Hops and Barley to get a lobster roll and for me this was the best bit of the journey the roll was lovely and garlicky and there was loads of lobster meat- my standout snack!

We were getting really full by this point so we stopped at Germany for a Roast Bratwurst in a Pretzel Roll which was a bit dry and we finished off at Taste Track where Tom had a croissant doughnut tossed in cinnamon sugar which he declared amazing.

It was really hot today so we headed back to Old Key West and spent the afternoon swimming and chilling out. The plan for tonight was Epcot to see IllumiNations before it finishes and to have dinner at Le Cellier.

Edited at 11:25 PM.
Old 8 Oct 18, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lua1904

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Flying Fish sounds and looks amazing! It’s on my list for my next trip as I have DxDDP. I love the look of the fillet, and love asparagus but did it come with mushrooms too?
I'm fairly sure that it did.
Old 8 Oct 18, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

It’s so disappointing when you have fantasied about a dish for so long and it doesn’t live up to your memory
Old 9 Oct 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lua1904 View Post
I'm fairly sure that it did.
Thanks! I’ll have to ask for those to be left off.. really don’t like mushrooms
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List