Old 14 Oct 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
looking forward to the report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Looking forward to this...
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Skittl1321
Getting Excited

Mobile

Can't wait to follow along! You have a great line up
Skittl1321 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

Hope you are having a fabulous time!

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Have a great time! Looking forward to reading your report
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

So my plans to update live went completely out the window! Haha. We had an amazing holiday with sooo much food, I can't wait to tell you all about it, will start tomorrow! x
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mooray27
Excited about Disney

Love the title of your report, can’t wait to read more!
mooray27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Travel Day

So lets do this!

Travel day we were up at 3am for a 6am flight to Gatwick. At Edinburgh Airport we couldn't face anything this early but Annabelle spotted the Krispy Kreme stall...

We munched these on the flight to Gatwick. There is no longer any complimentary refreshments with BA to Gatwick you can purchase M&S food on board but not a huge selection. I fly regularly with BA to London City and you still get a drink and snack so not sure why they don't offer this on all services. I've included pics of the on board M&S menu if it helps anyone.

Once we landed and re did security etc at Gatwick we headed to Jamie's Diner and ordered;
DH - Full Monty and Apple Juice
Me - Pulled Pork Bun and Diet Coke
DD - Sausages and Toast and Water
£30.55

This was all really tasty. The pulled pork had a bit of spice and was surprisingly delicious with the runny fried egg on top. Annabelle was happy with her sausages and toast and ate a bit of mine and Greigs so we were all full for the flight.

I went to Boots before boarding and picked up a meal deal sandwich for the flight with DH devoured within 30 mins of take off and also some bottles of water - I was glad I had as BA were quite stingy with their service on flight.

Sorry no pics of in flight meals as I had put my phone away in bag and Belle slept with her feet up on me so I couldn't reach it, but we had;

- Juice and pretzels just after take off
- Belle got a kids meal (pre-ordered) shortly after take off - Chicken Nuggets and Mash, Ribena, Raisins, Yogurt and Babybel
- DH and I both had the Chicken Masala which was quite tasty for flight food, Pasta Salad, Roll, Lemon and Caramel Cheesecake and Crackers and Cheese followed by a cup of tea. No complaints. ugh
- Mini Magnums half way through flight - yum!
- An hour before landing we got a picnic box with Chicken Ceasar Sandwich which was quite nasty, and a fruit Granola bar.

Despite leaving Gatwick 50 mins late we arrived in MCO 20 mins before scheduled time and there was no queue at Border Control so straight through, hooray!

We picked up our hire car and checked into our first hotel, Sapphire Falls at Universal. I loved this hotel! So beautiful and the room was gorgeous, everything so fresh and clean. Amazing pool too!

We headed straight out to the pool without unpacking and enjoyed our first hit of that gorgeous Florida heat! Original plan had been to go to City Walk for dinner but Annabelle was happy in the pool and we felt so relaxed we decided to just order food at the poolside. We shared;

- Nachos with cheese on the side (this came with a huge bowl of hot melted cheese - perfect for dipping fries into! 0
- Chicken Tacos which came with a side of fries
- Childrens Chicken Tenders and Fries

This was all so delicious, so fresh and hot.

We also bought a refill mug - this was $12 for 2 nights so a great buy if you fill up a lot like us.

I ordered a Cuban Colada - Pina Colada with Baileys and Khahula - this was gorgeous! $15 with the glass to take home. You could then refill cocktails for $10 but I never had another chance.

It was such a lovely evening sitting by the pool, eating yummy food and relaxing after our journey. Although not cheap I loved the food at the pool here, I'll include photos of menu...

Before bed we went up to the Dutch Trading Company to refill mug. It was a lovely shop with lots of choice; snacks, smores kits for the fire pit outside, hot and cold sandwiches, pizzas, breakfast items and ice creams, smoothies etc.

I picked up a bottle of water ($4.50) and Annabelle picked up a Red Velvet Cupcake ($4.00) - this was really moist and delicious. She had one bite then we shared the rest the next morning at 5am

Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Great start - love the fact that you get mini Magnums on the BA flights. Virgin switched from Fabs to Twisters this year and I am not a fan so we have booked to fly with BA next summer (yes, I've got my priorities straight )

food at sapphire falls looks nice. I got one of those cocktail cups from Royal Pacific this year but we are staying at Cabana Bay in January - I bet they aren't transferrable, I wonder if they are?
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Great start - love the fact that you get mini Magnums on the BA flights. Virgin switched from Fabs to Twisters this year and I am not a fan so we have booked to fly with BA next summer (yes, I've got my priorities straight )

Haha! I would be disappointed with Twisters too!

food at sapphire falls looks nice. I got one of those cocktail cups from Royal Pacific this year but we are staying at Cabana Bay in January - I bet they aren't transferrable, I wonder if they are?
I don't think Cabana Bay is owned by Loews, so probably not? My friend was staying in Cabana Bay recently, looks lovely! Love the rings they have for their lazy river!