Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 24 Nov 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemnjam
Gone all Goofy

Can we fit it all in

Hi all,

I haven't got as far as an itinerary yet and am still in the process of booking tickets but wondered if some seasoned visitors could offer me any advice on what we can fit in and what to buy.

We are lucky enough to be in Florida for 22 days next July/August with 17 of these in Orlando. We already have disney tickets as we are staying on-site for the first 5 days in Orlando before then moving to a villa.

We also already have tickets for DC and the SW parks. We would also like to do universal but am unsure how we'll fit everything in. Advice I received previously was only to visit each UOR park once and get express passes.

If I get 2 day 2 park tickets we can use all the attractions and I will save £190 for our group compared to a 14 day pass and put this towards a night at one of the hotels offering express passes. It does though mean that we wouldn't get to visit volcano bay which fab fab. Will we feel like we missed out of we don't go here?

I appreciate that in theory we could ram everything in but we have a 6 year old with us who will need some rest days plus we have friends who live in Sanford who will want to meet up at some point even if just for dinner.

Any advice welcome. Thanks
Gemnjam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

You could do all that in 17 days but it will be hectic. We managed to do Disney and 2 days at Universal with the express passes last month in 14 days. We did have a couple of hours in the pool on a few afternoons but we never really had a 'rest' day as we just didn't have time. They will probably be full on days but you could do it xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I can do rammed packed touring for a few days. I would never last 14 days. My son was just up here for a week with his 4 and 2.5 year olds. By the end of the week, 4 year old needed to be back in his own bed, on a schedule and getting his nap in. I have so much I want to do with the kids but I think it needs to be spread out.

With a six year old, I would go for quality, not quantity. You don't need to see or do it all.

Feeling like you missed out is an attitude. Go with the attitude you are having some nice family time together not seeing everything and you will have a great time. I have also learned with kids, seeing less with a happy, relaxed child is 10 times better than seeing more with a tired cranky one. My rule of thumb was when a child (even just one of my three) was beginning to show tiredness, leave and relax. The time after tiredness sets in is not fun.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemnjam
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Attempted itinerary

Hi, I have now taken a stab at planning out what I think we can fit in. It is pretty full on, but I am happy to adjust as we go if need be.

I have put full days at the parks in the first few days but it is likely that we will pop back to the hotel at some point in the day for a break before heading back out.

Any opinions welcome

Day 1 - HS - drive down from Jacksonville and check in at All Stars

Day 2 - MK -BOG breakfast; Happily Ever After

Day 3 - Epcot - do passport thingy; beaches & cream kitchen sink

Day 4 - AK -Pizzarfari meal; Fantasmic

Day 5 - Revisit HS/Epcot - or catch up on anything else; geyser point meal

Day 6 - TL/BB - early start - do half day then move to villa

Day 7 -Villa Day/Pool and shopping - recover from full on days plus get villa stocked up etc

Day 8 - Seaworld

Day 9 - Universal -staying at Loews Royal Pacific overnight for express passes

Day 10 - Universal

Day 11- Villa Day/Pool and shopping

Day 12 - TL/BB - whichever didn't do first

Day 13 - Discovery Cove - get an uber there so can both enjoy cocktails

Day 14- Final visit to Disney parks -if fancy it - last day tickets are valid but also a Sunday so may be busy

Day 15 - Aquatica

Day 16 - Busch Gardens -summer lates - get coach from Seaworld

Day 17 -Villa Day/Pool and shopping - will need to recover after late finish previous day

Day 18 -Seaworld -if fancy it - poss half day before heading to airport for 22:00 (have arranged late check out from villa)
Old 30 Nov 18, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

The only thing I would say would be late evenings in the first few days will be a struggle. We managed to do AK quick dip in pool for half an hour on the afternoon then back to AK for rides and Rivers Of Light. It was exhausting. Not sure your be able to do HEA on day 2 as that's on much later than Rivers Of Light xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemnjam
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
The only thing I would say would be late evenings in the first few days will be a struggle. We managed to do AK quick dip in pool for half an hour on the afternoon then back to AK for rides and Rivers Of Light. It was exhausting. Not sure your be able to do HEA on day 2 as that's on much later than Rivers Of Light xx
Hiya - sorry if I'm being daft asking this but do you mean that it will be difficult due to just being late or do you mean because of getting used to the time difference? If the latter then hopefully we'll be fine by then as we're in Jacksonville for 5 days before getting to Orlando
Old 30 Nov 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gemnjam View Post
Hiya - sorry if I'm being daft asking this but do you mean that it will be difficult due to just being late or do you mean because of getting used to the time difference? If the latter then hopefully we'll be fine by then as we're in Jacksonville for 5 days before getting to Orlando
Sorry I meant jetlag, in that case I'd say that plan looks fab hope you have an amazing time xx
Old 2 Dec 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
That looks fine to me, we have always done jam packed itineraries though! We did 3 weeks last year and did Disney, universal and DC with the sea world parks and we actually had plenty of downtime too.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Lovedisney123
Trying for More Ears

Looks good, although my only comment is you have three effectively pool / water park days back to back, could they be spread out a bit more?
Lovedisney123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemnjam
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lovedisney123 View Post
Looks good, although my only comment is you have three effectively pool / water park days back to back, could they be spread out a bit more?
I must admit I did wonder about that myself but I think day 11 is fixed as we will need downtime after universal and 13 is already booked for DC but we could swap 12 and 14 around maybe but I had heard advice to definitely avoid the water parks at the weekends?